Hacking Can I get this Skull Candy logo on my DS?

Pedobear

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I got my DS Headphones, it came with a spray cutout of an enlarged skullcandy logo. I liked how it looked, and I wanted to see how it would look on my DS.
Photo-0234.jpg

Photo-0232.jpg

sorry its grainy, its from my crappy phone. As you can see, its made of a construction paperish paper... (heh)
Is there a way I can put this on my DS, or make a good stencil from something etc

Pedobear

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JDMEVOIXMR said:
put it on the top cover and use it as a template and spray paint over it?
sadly, I spray paint it because the ds color is black, and i cant spraypaint black black

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Some glue could probably stick it on there, although it'd probably leave residue if it came off.

Probably best to get one of those clear cases, then just place it between the DS and the case.

xxmadxx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
actually you take that cut out you have and trace the whole thing onto something like an index card ,then cut it out so its a negative of the one you have now .
so that the skull part is missing and the eyes and mouth are intact ( will take a lil bit of modding ) make sure that you leave about 3/4" of trim around the image then tape it on your ds in the spot you want it mask off the rest of the ds with masking tape and spray paint it .

xxmadxx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PettingZoo said:
You can get ds faceplate stickers, Ive seen some mario ones and some blank ones. How about getting some blank ones and spray painting the skull onto it.
or if you have a good quality printer handy just scan that sticker and print it on a sticker cut it out apply and done.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
xxmadxx said:
PettingZoo said:
You can get ds faceplate stickers, Ive seen some mario ones and some blank ones. How about getting some blank ones and spray painting the skull onto it.
or if you have a good quality printer handy just scan that sticker and print it on a sticker cut it out apply and done.

Also to prevent the sticker screwing over you could get a clear ds case to go over it.

EDIT: Also if you get some blank faceplate stickers you could use the skull as a stamp!

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should just put the sticker on top of your ds and spray paint. I would end up looking somthing like this
skullcandy.jpg

Here's what you do
-Clean you DS. Go over the front of you DS with a dry cleaning cloth like the ones used for cleaning glasses. Don't use paper towels as they can leave tiny scratches on the DS. Do not use water or any cleaning solution. You just need to buff away any smudges so the paint will adhere.
-Put the sticker on your ds. Don't actually apply the sticker though. This will make it too difficult to remove later without scratching the spraypaint. Just place a bit of double-sided tape on the back to keep it in place.
-Tape off you DS. Cover all parts you don't want to get paint on like the hinge sides and back. Simple masking tape will work best for this.
-Paint. Use a paint that will adhere to plastics without any sanding or other preperation. I recommend using Krylon Spaypaint for Plastics. I holds very well and dries fast. Be sure to practice painting on something other than your ds first, like a cardboard box. Once you get the look you want on the box, move to painting your DS. Be sure to paint in a well ventilated area like outside. Also make sure to paint on a surface that can be discarded later. You can just use the box you used earlier to practice on.
-Wait. The paint may take a bit of time to dry depending on things like the type of paint, humidity, temperature and things like that. Take a look at the paint and see how long it is supposed to take it to dry, and then wait for that period of time and perhaps even longer to be sure.
-Remove tape and sticker. Only touch painted parts of you DS when you are 100 percent sure they are dry. You don't want a fingerprint on your DS. Carefully remove all tape with a fingernail. Do the same for the sticker. If you only secured it with some tape as I recommended, it should come off easily.
-Enjoy! You now have an awesome DS unlike any other.

Hope this helps! I'd like to see what it looks like when you're done.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or you can get ahold of someone that does vinyl decals and have them cut it out of sticker vinyl for you. I make them all the time for people.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1