Can i get this pc up to date?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Natethekidrs00, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Natethekidrs00
    OP

Natethekidrs00 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    I have this old pc that i wanted to know what i could do to it to get it up to the speed to play some current games at lowest settings like bo2 maybe bo3 but i doubt it and to run bf4

from what i can tell its a old dell dhp with a issue with the gfx card (the display is whitewashed)
    its running vista (not my choice it was preinstalled with xp but the os got corrupted so i had to do a clean install of a os i had on disk with me so i used my vista)

Pictures of the pc in mention will be uploaded once i can upload my pictures from my smartphone

also i have a budget of around 50-100$ to fix this computer

2. Natethekidrs00
    OP

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    also it has a intel pentium core 4

3. CIAwesome526

CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
    You'll need more money. $100 won't get you the processor, ram, OS, and graphics card you need for these games. Honestlu, you'd probably be better off buying a new pc than upgrade get this one (in my opinion, it might be more cost effective to upgrade, but it would last longer to buy a new pc, and you'd be able to scrap the old one.)

migles and samiam144 like this.
  4. Natethekidrs00
    OP

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    i knew that but could i maybe run atleast csgo or any fps on the lowest graphics settings

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Have you considered checking out Linux? I suggest checking our Lubuntu/Xubuntu, Bodhi, or anything on this list or this list

RemixDeluxe and TheVinAnator like this.
  6. Natethekidrs00
    OP

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    yeah i had linix mint and bodhi on a bootable usb but i installed the os on the pc a long time back and then my monitor broke so i had to leave my pc under my desk and i left it

7. CIAwesome526

CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
    yeah, linux would help, also post some more specs, what graphics card, how much ram, etc.

8. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    the beauty of pc gaming is, for a more recent cpu which uses a new socket you need to upgrade the motherboard which is not compatible with the old gen of ram sticks...
    i have a dual core core 2... and a sucking nvidea 9500 gt... ddr2...
    if i was just to upgrade the GPU this thig has a old pci version, a new gpu will work but at a third of power or something...
    even the PSU will most likely be replaced, 400 watts...