Hacking Question Can I downgrade without a NAND backup?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,
I just downgraded from 6.1 to 4.0.1 using ChoiDuJourNX (no fuses were ever burnt, my fuse count is 5 and the Switch came with 4.0.1 out of the box).
Now when I click on "boot CFW" on SX OS it displays the Nintendo logo, then "an error has occured, Error code : 2002-4315" and it shows me my serial number and my firmware version "4.0.1" and nothing else... How can I recover from this please?
I have a NAND backup of 6.1 that I did before downgrading, and access to Hekate, but autoRCM was enabled so I don't know if my boot partitions are valid...

I just got it, you downgraded with ChoidujourNX, I just remembered what it was, restore your 6.1 backup then redowngrade with choidujourNX but this time on the left check system initialisation :) :)

Reactions: Jellykrop

Jellykrop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got it, you downgraded with ChoidujourNX, I just remembered what it was, restore your 6.1 backup then redowngrade with choidujourNX but this time on the left check system initialisation :) :)
Thanks! I'm a bit worried to try it again to be honest but why not :)

Jellykrop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So long as you got the backup, there's little that can permabrick the system XD

nah when downgrading its best to do the system initialisation unless you are restoring a backup from what I've found :)
Thank God for that, I don't want to brick my beloved console :wub: What does system initialisation mean? :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?