Hacking Can I downgrade from 6.20 to 5.50?

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSP Slim and I want to be able to play games via a USB device and it seems the only way to do that is to downgrade all the way to 5.50 or lower so I was wondering if it's possible and if someone can show me a guide or something. Also if there is way to stay at 6.20 and play from a USB please tell me.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Check out the spoilers that reference downgrading here: http://gbatemp.net/t293978-how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp

You will likely have to downgrade to 5.00 OFW first, then upgrade to 5.50 OFW. You will then have to go through the trouble of installing 5.50 Prome-4. I would personally recommend just staying where you are CFW wise. I find 6.20 PRO-B8 to work better at this point than 5.50 Prome-4 ever did.

WARNING: If your PSP never had 5.00, you CAN NOT downgrade to 5.00. You WILL BRICK YOUR PSP if you try to downgrade to 5.00 with the system being unable. Same goes for any firmware number really, but 5.00 is a common starting point. If your PSP never had the OFW number in question, DO NOT try to install it.

Having a Slim, I believe that's the 2000 series, so you should be fine. Be careful either way though, and double check everything beforehand.

shadow100z

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
through my searching i did find a few nice apps though. one that lets you turn you pc monitor into a larger psp screen. (with a capture software you can record your game play? Also found a nice lil app that you can stream your multimedia from your pc to you psp, movies, pics sounds etc. but no iso sadly. it can play what ever you pc can play. http://www.pimpware.org/?page_id=26 PIMPStreamer. best thing is all you needs to do is plug your psp into the pc and enable usb mode then install the program on you pc. it copy files to your psp for ya. even install different version of the program on your psp. the one that you finds work keep it and delete the rest. then start the pc program and start it on your psp. really sweet if i may say so. i got my psp linked to my home theater pc wireless and have all my movies on my psp and not taking up any psp space. you have top stay within router access though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.