Can I downgrade a partially 4.0 updated Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Bloodlust, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Bloodlust
    OP

Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

May 25, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Here's my beef. Was upgrading and already around 15-20% completed. Failed with an error code while doing it. Wii rebooted, already can see system menu 4.0 in settings and the sdcard icon from system menu. Initially, this update was because I mistakenly installed cioscorp wads on it. The end result screwed up the Wii with a wiikey mod altering its disc channel direct read capability because now it always prompts for an update regardless whether the game disc had its update removed.

So as I was saying. After 15-20% and a failed attempt, now it always fails with the same error code. Has nintendo banned me? So now I need to know since I did install IOS36rev8, can I just run cIOS downgrader or ARC1.1m5 to downgrade it back to 3.2? I got all the original non-patched cioscorp files which I can use to restore the Wii back to its normal wiikey operational condition once its downgraded. Thanks for any advice.

By the way, it's for a JPN Wii..

2. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    1) Use Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.0
    2) Using WadManager1.3, install IOS60 patched with Free The Bug.exe
    3) Run Waninkoko's IOS Downgrader 1.0.

This is what I did and everthing safely installed good and all is fully working.

3. Bloodlust
    OP

Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

May 25, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Wanin's 4.0 system updater does not work for JPN Wii. It will end up with a brick. Sorry forgot to mention that.

4. Bloodlust
    OP

Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

May 25, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Sorry, need to bump cos I really need a solution... [​IMG]