Hacking Can I downgrade a partially 4.0 updated Wii?

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Here's my beef. Was upgrading and already around 15-20% completed. Failed with an error code while doing it. Wii rebooted, already can see system menu 4.0 in settings and the sdcard icon from system menu. Initially, this update was because I mistakenly installed cioscorp wads on it. The end result screwed up the Wii with a wiikey mod altering its disc channel direct read capability because now it always prompts for an update regardless whether the game disc had its update removed.

So as I was saying. After 15-20% and a failed attempt, now it always fails with the same error code. Has nintendo banned me? So now I need to know since I did install IOS36rev8, can I just run cIOS downgrader or ARC1.1m5 to downgrade it back to 3.2? I got all the original non-patched cioscorp files which I can use to restore the Wii back to its normal wiikey operational condition once its downgraded. Thanks for any advice.

By the way, it's for a JPN Wii..

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
1) Use Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.0
2) Using WadManager1.3, install IOS60 patched with Free The Bug.exe
3) Run Waninkoko's IOS Downgrader 1.0.

This is what I did and everthing safely installed good and all is fully working.

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Sorry, need to bump cos I really need a solution...
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)