Can I Create ROMS from VC Games?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Daniel Sahr, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Daniel Sahr
    OP

Daniel Sahr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    New York
    Is it possible to get ROMS from my purchased VC games using homebrew of some kind so I can use it on an emulator? Thanks!

2. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    You can... but why not just download them? They're all only a few KB, maybe <5 MB at most for SNES games...

3. Daniel Sahr
    OP

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    New York
    Hmm, I do that for most of my games, but in some cases, the roms don't work properly. Legally, I like to keep everything as clean as possible, so if I extract my own roms, I feel better about it.

4. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    Might be a bad emulator, or ROM. Try Snes9x (don't use zsnes) and unzip the ROM before using it.
    "muh morals"

5. Daniel Sahr
    OP

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    New York
    Yeah, I also like to show off to my friends that I am a DEVOTED nintendo fan who actually buys my games, so sort of. If there is a way, could you send me a link!

6. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    You'll have to dump the files using something like braindump and hexedit the ROM data out of a bigger file inside the set of Virtual Console files. You wouldn't know what parts are the ROM without... having the ROM yourself.

Hoppy likes this.