Hacking Can Backup Launcher damage Wii's DVD drive?

unicode2CP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

Can usage of Backup Launcher damage my Wii's DVD drive? Is there any reports about that?

I noticed when I use Backup Launcher that DVD spinning makes constantly very still sound of clicking. As I said, sound isn't loud (almost silent), but it's constant.

Is that normal (maybe cause of smaller DVD reading speed)? My Wii is completely new. I was thought that DVD spinning, especially at lower DVD reading speed, should be completely silent. Here I don't think on sound that is made by laser head moving, that's something other.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short answer: No
Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Serious answer: Using DVD + puts more strain on the Wii laser.

And the Wii's drive was designed to use DVDs but was canceled due to licensing fees Nintendo would have to pay. But the drive was left with the code to read DVDs.

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
unicode2CP said:
Hi,

Can usage of Backup Launcher damage my Wii's DVD drive? Is there any reports about that?

I noticed when I use Backup Launcher that DVD spinning makes constantly very still sound of clicking. As I said, sound isn't loud (almost silent), but it's constant.

Is that normal (maybe cause of smaller DVD reading speed)? My Wii is completely new. I was thought that DVD spinning, especially at lower DVD reading speed, should be completely silent. Here I don't think on sound that is made by laser head moving, that's something other.

1. NOOO
2. YES

samo deri
rolleyes.gif

breakdaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unicode2CP said:
Hi,

I don't notice any clicking on mine. Be sure to use high quality DVD-R. Perhaps compare sound to a pressed disc.

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure your computer is healthy when burning dvd s ( memory usage, applications running in background..), make sure you use good media ( i only use verbatim & never had any pb ) burn at full speed or at least 8X for 16X dvd s, make sure the buffer level of your application is always at 100% during the burn.

My backups sound exactly the same as originals discs this way.

demonguard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I burned a backup it had to stop because of too much drive activity 6 times and had one buffer overrun while burning at 4x but it still works perfect and sounds fine, not sure about above user's comment.

darkhawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont think using the backup loader will damage the Wii drive, iv been playing "back ups" for about a year(WiiKey) and all my discs read perfect(burnt at 12x Verbatim). As for you clicking noise aslong as its not loud and you wii is working fine im sure its fine, ne brini
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat