Homebrew Can anyone please fill me in about Gecko OS?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm very new to the homebrew scene for the Wii and I can't remember the last time I updated my Wii (I think it was when I first bought SSBB back in March). Anyway, I'm trying to get into the homebrew scene for Wii, in hopes of an N64 emulator coming out for it if none has so far. While doing a bit of searching on starting homebrews, I keep finding someone talking about either Gecko OS or USB Gecko, which I know little to nothing about. I tried to search on google but the links that came up didn't really tell me about them. And so, I'm asking you guys if you guys can tell me a little more about these two things, how they work and how Gecko OS can be loaded.

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
ChaosBoi said:
I'm very new to the homebrew scene for the Wii and I can't remember the last time I updated my Wii (I think it was when I first bought SSBB back in March). Anyway, I'm trying to get into the homebrew scene for Wii, in hopes of an N64 emulator coming out for it if none has so far. While doing a bit of searching on starting homebrews, I keep finding someone talking about either Gecko OS or USB Gecko, which I know little to nothing about. I tried to search on google but the links that came up didn't really tell me about them. And so, I'm asking you guys if you guys can tell me a little more about these two things, how they work and how Gecko OS can be loaded.

correct me if i'm wrong but can't you just inject N64 roms to be N64 VC channels ?
i thought i saw tons of injected roms on torrent sites long time ago

Rugapand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How well does the new Gecko OS work with trucha signed games and such?( I have a ppf-patched copy of ssbb)

I don't want to play it in B&W or with borders or anything.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NeroAngelo said:
ChaosBoi said:

correct me if i'm wrong but can't you just inject N64 roms to be N64 VC channels ?
i thought i saw tons of injected roms on torrent sites long time ago

Aye, but the ones I wanted to play (Namely HM64) doesn't work. I'm hoping that the coders who made Wii64 releases an update with more compatibilities soon.

ryu00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
will using gecko OS by pass the update check if a game hasnt been brick blocked, just like the freeloader does?

ChimneyBug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to make settings default? I'd like to set it to Japanese language, NTSC on and Ocarina off by default.

As a secondary question, could that then be auto run? i.e after launching GeckoOS it launches the game by itself with mentioned settings

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Is there a way to make settings default? I'd like to set it to Japanese language, NTSC on and Ocarina off by default.

As a secondary question, could that then be auto run? i.e after launching GeckoOS it launches the game by itself with mentioned settings

hey, i spoke with Nuke, and he will release an update aswell for NON USB users....soon, which will have a settings config file, which will do exactly as you WANT
smile.gif

i mentioned this in another thread somewhere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can