Hacking can and how do you upgrade the fire card for ds

nnaammee1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can and how do you upgrade the fire card for ds?

I can seem to find any though.
If i do find one and say its for the R4 will it work if i download it into my fire card??

bow.gif

plz help

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, we have an FAQ topic here. But in case you're too lazy:

Download the latest firmware(update) here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=787

Important: During this upgrade you need to format N-Card/clone, please backup your games and saves first!

1.Insert the Writer into slot 2 and insert N-Card into slot 1.
2.Use USB cable connect to PC USB port directly. (Please do not use extension USB cable)
3.Hold "up+L+R+A+B" while starting your DS, now you should enter upgrade mode(a red colored text should appear).
(4. Extract the Firmware Archive.... It's more safe if you have it in a directory than trough a packer program)
5.Double click "NAND_ALL.bat" to run upgrade program. Please ignore if there some "found a badblock" appear when upgrade some 8G dslinker.
6.When it finished you will have to Quick Format your N-Card by holding DOWN+A+B+L+R when starting your DS.
7.After formating you have to copy "xmenu.dat" from here to the root (main directory, i.e. N:/ ) , If the xmenu.dat isn't on the card you won't be able to enter the Menu.
8.After the first time enter "GAME MODE", DSYSTEM folder will be set up. This folder you must not delete, or you will get an error when starting.

Now your N-Card/Clone should be updated ;D

I can't guarantee that this'll fix your problems, I really don't know what your problems are. And I'm quite intrigued as to why anyone would think an R4 update would work on a NAND-based card...

nnaammee1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i'm trying it right now and i hope it works

anyways thank you for your advice
and by the way i think what my problem was that it couldn't read the data in certain games so i though if i upgrade it it will work??

thank you

nnaammee1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm such a noob at this but i got it fixed thanks

then i messed it up again and it said error:not format but i think i can fix it

thanks a bunch

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you forgot a step, if you didn't get it worked out:

6.When it finished you will have to Quick Format your N-Card by holding DOWN+A+B+L+R when starting your DS.

Make sure you have the files backed up first and do that. Hope everything goes well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1