Can access bios and can't format my pc

b1g4s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, yesterday my antivirus detect a trojan, I ran the antivirus and deleted. After that the windows gave me a error and since then I can't see the bios and the windows 7 logo on start. I tried to format but can't see nothing, I also tried to flash the bios. I recorded what happens when I turn on the computer. I don't know what to do now so please help me.

Note: I can access bios but can't see nothing, System restore nothing, Windows instalation nothing

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe fastboot got enabled and they put some black picture above the whole thing ?

You know like acer and other companys usually do so that you see their logo when booting.

Did you try to press any of the usual buttons when starting the pc ?

Like ESC F1/2/8/12 or whatever ?

b1g4s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If I press F2 I can enter on bios but I can't see anything! when I press enter to install windows it doesn't show anything

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to get to the boot menu to select the bootable media that has the Windows installer on it, you should avoid using Windows 7 as support ends in few months, you should really move to Windows 10.

b1g4s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You need to get to the boot menu to select the bootable media that has the Windows installer on it, you should avoid using Windows 7 as support ends in few months, you should really move to Windows 10.
I can't see anything I tried to format but I cant 'cause can't see anything. Also this pc shutdown itself during the installation, I removed the HDD and put a SSD and clean the dust. So Even I want to put windows 10 I can't.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you need to find out which key combination to get to the boot menu, you don't go into the bios to select an external bootable device. Create a Windows 10 bootable usb first if you don't have one.

b1g4s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well you need to find out which key combination to get to the boot menu, you don't go into the bios to select an external bootable device. Create a Windows 10 bootable usb first if you don't have one.
The key is F2 and when I press it I have acess to bios but I can't do nothing because I can't see.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The key is F2 and when I press it I have acess to bios but I can't do nothing because I can't see.

As stated before you don't go into the bios to select external device to boot from, you need to get to the boot menu directly, check the other F# key on your keyboard, I don't know which keys it is for Acer. As for the bootable media if it is not bootable, it won't boot correctly.

b1g4s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As stated before you don't go into the bios to select external device to boot from, you need to get to the boot menu directly, check the other F# key on your keyboard, I don't know which keys it is for Acer. As for the bootable media if it is not bootable, it won't boot correctly.
I know that but when I access the Bios I can't see because of the black screen, I have black screen when the acer logo is suposed to show, I have blackscreen when I try to do a restore point. I can only see the logon screen and my desktop. Do you see the video?

b1g4s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
check on windows under msconfig, if you have no gui boot on

upload_2019-8-13_15-33-37.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

connect it to an external monitor...
I already tried that

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
are you restarting the PC?
shut it down, pressing power button for 20 seconds... and check if you can see the boot screen

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Remove Laptop battery and the CMOS battery for a little while.
Also, press power button several times with them removed to force all static electricity disappear and bios RESET.
Assemble everything and try again.

b1g4s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Remove Laptop battery and the CMOS battery for a little while.
Also, press power button several times with them removed to force all static electricity disappear and bios RESET.
Assemble everything and try again.
I will try that!

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
you can try without HDD.
you can try inserting a Windows boot DVD or USB drive, press F8 on boot and select your boot drive.
you can even change boot order blindly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.