Hacking Came back to try Homebrew, no longer able to.

Rerabox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I enjoy my 3DS, I am a simple person and I have others I play first, however, I recently got back into playing a game for my 3DS only to find out that since the update, Soundhax no longer works. This is a problem because I do not have any games that can launch Homebrew. I was just wondering if there were other ways to access Homebrew without purchasing a game? if not I would be fine with a way to copy my game save data to and from my PC.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so I enjoy my 3DS, I am a simple person and I have others I play first, however, I recently got back into playing a game for my 3DS only to find out that since the update, Soundhax no longer works. This is a problem because I do not have any games that can launch Homebrew. I was just wondering if there were other ways to access Homebrew without purchasing a game? if not I would be fine with a way to copy my game save data to and from my PC.
Basically. No. You just missed RPGHax with RPG maker player. You can look into that and see if by chance it can still work for you. Theres been rumors of 3ds flipnote studio, but not much has been said on that game yet.

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
You just missed RPwnG (RPGHax)
Current ways to install homebrew are
  • Hardmod (Requires soldering skills)
  • DSiWare Transfer (Requires another hacked 3DS)
  • NTRBoot (Requires a compatible DS flashcard)
You can also send your 3DS out to get hardmodded by someone trustworthy such as @vb_encryption_vb
I recommend an R4i Gold 3DS for NTRBoot as you can install it on 11.4/11.5

Rerabox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright then, however, is there anyway with or without Homebrew, for me to take my save files from games and bring them to and from my PC?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to have it hacked to get hammered on that firm. Well either that or buy a copy of cubic ninja or a sky3ds so you can use one of the game based exploits. Unfortunately no free method exists. Though R4i cards aren't that pricey. And there are many on this forum that will perform the hack for you. I myself would be happy to do so though I'm sure there are people on this site with more of a reputation than I for these services.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'll need to have it hacked to get hammered on that firm. Well either that or buy a copy of cubic ninja or a sky3ds so you can use one of the game based exploits. Unfortunately no free method exists. Though R4i cards aren't that pricey. And there are many on this forum that will perform the hack for you. I myself would be happy to do so though I'm sure there are people on this site with more of a reputation than I for these services.
sky3ds I dont think would be worth it as its hella overpriced for what benefits it has. Plus there are much better and cheaper options out there for this issue.

Rerabox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would be the cheapest option for this? Cause I genuinely want to alter my parties Money and levels in Persona Q. I have the program to do so but I just need to get the saves out of my system.

Rerabox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's always possible, but I wouldn't rely on it.
Just spend the $20 :P It's not that much.
It's not the price, its the understanding. I went with Soundhax because it was just "extract these files to here, make new folders" simple stuff. With this, even as I look over it, I am a bit lost.

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the price, its the understanding. I went with Soundhax because it was just "extract these files to here, make new folders" simple stuff. With this, even as I look over it, I am a bit lost.

it's really quite easy, just like sound hacks,

Step 1: copy 1 file to the flash cart and run it to convert the card to an 'NTRBOOT card'

Step 2: prepare your sd card... Just copy some files

Step 3: grab a magnet, boot up your 3ds, and press a few buttons, and you're pretty much done.

After that, you replace 1 file, boot.firm and you're all booted up with maximum hacks!

After that you can do the extra steps to 'finalize the setup' but that's pretty much it, you'll be running cfw at that point.

YES, the number of words in the guide can make it look a little intimidating, but it's just being very specific. it's going into detail so you'll know exactly what to do at every step.

On top of this, once you have the process done, your 3ds would be safer than a stock unit, as you could unbrick it yourself even from a failed system update, or just about any other issue!

Reactions: felix.200

Rerabox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, quick question, if I insert my 3DS Micro SD card into my PC, if I have saved my game data to the SD card, will I be able to grab it or is it gonna be the same as if I just connected it to the PC with my charger?

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, quick question, if I insert my 3DS Micro SD card into my PC, if I have saved my game data to the SD card, will I be able to grab it or is it gonna be the same as if I just connected it to the PC with my charger?

If you're referring to a usb charger, that would not allow any data transfer,

But yes, if you connect your micro SD to your pc, you'll be able to access any exported saves,

But it may be faster to just use the new 3ds's 'data management' thing that allows you to wirelessly connect your 3ds, as that does not require opening the unit.

Reactions: CaptainSwag101

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1