OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
/!\ ANYONE THAT ENTERS THIS TOPIC TO BASH CALL OF DUTY WILL BE REPORTED! /!\

Well, as everyone knows by now, Call of Duty: Black Ops has been announced, and has also been confirmed for a Wii release. This topic is to discuss the game in anticipation for it. That means no bashing it/the series, or putting it down just because you can. Only post if you have something good to say...If you really want to let loose at CoD and hate on it so much, go make a different topic about it.

I'm pretty excited for the game. It's being made by Treyarch, and I favor them over IW because they actually care about fixing their games post-release, and releasing good content for them. I'm going to pre-order it soon, so I have time to slowly pay it off. Anyway, here's what I'd like to see in the game:

First off, I'm hoping a Zombies mode will appear in the Wii version this time. I heard a Zombies mode was confirmed, but I'm not 100% sure (They said the video had footage of Zombies, but I didn't notice any, since the video went from clip-to-clip pretty fast IMO).

Second, I really hope there is WiiSpeak support. CoD:WaW would have been 20x better with it (And it was already good).

Third, more players in one match. I know MW:R had 5 per team, but I'd love to see 8 per team like the other Call of Duty games. It really makes it more fun and frantic (In a good way).

Last, more control-style choices. I know WaW didn't have many, and it was actually easier to play it with the Wii Zapper IMO, even though that was somewhat uncomfortable. I can't remember much from MW:R, so I won't use that as an example. I want to be able to actually customize it fully.

Feel free to post your positive comments and thoughts about the game and anything related to it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would really like a Nazi Zombies or other type of survival mode. It sucks CoD5 didn't have any on the Wii. Local splitscreen is also something we'd really need, I'm sick of games not having any. And I know this is probably out of the question, but Classic Controller/Pro support, since for some reason I'm a dual analog whore.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope there is Classic Controller support, along with Split Screen 2 player where you can kill a mate
smile.gif

Looking forward to the game!

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I would really like a Nazi Zombies or other type of survival mode. It sucks CoD5 didn't have any on the Wii. Local splitscreen is also something we'd really need, I'm sick of games not having any. And I know this is probably out of the question, but Classic Controller/Pro support, since for some reason I'm a dual analog whore.

QUOTE(raiderscrusade @ May 15 2010, 09:58 PM) I hope there is Classic Controller support, along with Split Screen 2 player where you can kill a mate
smile.gif

Looking forward to the game!
I didn't even think about that. I guess that could tie in with more control options though. Classic Controller support would be wonderful, and maybe some kind of optional thing for a second Wii remote to control something (Some games have that option), like grenades, or maybe it can act like a way to reload, where you pick it up and place it under the main Wii remote, like you're actually reloading a gun.

Sure, the nunchuk could do that, but it would be cooler with a separate Wii remote, and since the nunchuk buttons will already be in use for something, maybe a button on the separate Wii remote could function for something else as well.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am not bashing the Call of Duty series but I want to see what this game is all about before really looking forward to it. I have never been a huge fan of the series as a whole but I didn't mind the online of Modern Warfare 2. I play titles for the single player and since Treyarch is developing, they might put more time into it than Infinity Ward did.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
I am not bashing the Call of Duty series but I want to see what this game is all about before really looking forward to it. I have never been a huge fan of the series as a whole but I didn't mind the online of Modern Warfare 2. I play titles for the single player and since Treyarch is developing, they might put more time into it than Infinity Ward did.
Yeah, that's not bashing...But I don't blame you...I found MW2 kind of bad after a while; hackers started showing up a lot more, people using cheap tactics like quick scoping that just ruins the fun for others, and other stuff I never saw as much in CoD:WaW or CoD4:MW...Hopefully Treyarch can bring the series back.

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we WON'T get Nazi zombies for jack shit, and we're lucky that we're even getting this ONE just like we still haven't gotten Modern warfare 2 and possibly never will!

Last edited by KingMuk,
D

Deleted_171835

I'm rather excited for COD: Black Ops. It's pretty much a given that the graphics are going to suck on the Wii but I'm not a graphics-whore. I didn't like Reflex, much. I hated what you had to do to reload.

I would love it if they had zombies. WaW on the Wii didn't have it. If it did, I would proclaim that game the best Wii FPS. Mainly because Nazi zombies are awesome!

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Edgedancer said:
Yeah, that's not bashing...But I don't blame you...I found MW2 kind of bad after a while; hackers started showing up a lot more, people using cheap tactics like quick scoping that just ruins the fun for others, and other stuff I never saw as much in CoD:WaW or CoD4:MW...Hopefully Treyarch can bring the series back.

It isn't quick scoping that's bad, it is the secondary slot shotguns.
wink.gif

QUOTE(hybrid -x1 @ May 19 2010, 06:09 PM)
we WONT get nazi zombies for jack shit, and were lucky that were even getting this ONE
just like we still haven't gotten Modern warfare 2!
That's because While Activision owns the COD franchise, the two people that were dismissed from IW own the copyright of the Modern Warfare part. Since they have the copyright, and Activision owns COD... Treyarch cannot make or port any COD with Modern Warfare in its name. The exception is of course the first one, but this is only because IW LET them do it. This is the reason why I think we will never see another Modern Warfare COD title.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Parablank said:
Remember, they only have 4.7 GB to fill, so I highly doubt that they'll include splitscreen. Even if they do, the graphics and smoothness would probably be ruined.

Also, they probably won't have the zombies mode, but we can hope.
biggrin.gif

They could Dual layer it
tongue.gif

I really want it to have Zombie Mode, its the best part of WaW as I'm not a fan of Cod Online

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
danny600kill said:
Parablank said:
Remember, they only have 4.7 GB to fill, so I highly doubt that they'll include splitscreen. Even if they do, the graphics and smoothness would probably be ruined.

biggrin.gif

They could Dual layer it
tongue.gif

I really want it to have Zombie Mode, its the best part of WaW as I'm not a fan of Cod Online
Dammit.

Derp to me.

But don't they have to have special permission from Nintendo?

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Parablank said:

biggrin.gif

Goldeneye is going to have splitscreen.
yaywii.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Parablank said:

biggrin.gif

A Xbox game is using a 4.7GB disc, if I recall correctly, and the Xbox versions have splitscreen, Nazi Zombies, whatever. And Quantum of Solace had splitscreen and it ran a modified CoD4 engine, if that helps.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looking Forward to Goldeneye more than this..though its good to see the wii not being left out since thats usually the case.

and on a side note-putting "Anyone who enters here to bash call of duty will be reported" really sounds immature because,lets face it If I made a harsh criticism of the Series it can be misconstrued as"Bashing" which wouldn't be the case at all.I thought this was a forum not a fascist message board.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guild McCommunist said:
Parablank said:

biggrin.gif

A Xbox game is using a 4.7GB disc, if I recall correctly, and the Xbox versions have splitscreen, Nazi Zombies, whatever. And Quantum of Solace had splitscreen and it ran a modified CoD4 engine, if that helps.

I thought Xbox games ran dual-layered? I may be wrong though
unsure.gif
could someone clear this up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson