Call of Duty: Blacks Ops Anticipation Topic

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Forstride, May 15, 2010.

May 15, 2010
  1. Forstride
    OP

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    /!\ ANYONE THAT ENTERS THIS TOPIC TO BASH CALL OF DUTY WILL BE REPORTED! /!\

Well, as everyone knows by now, Call of Duty: Black Ops has been announced, and has also been confirmed for a Wii release. This topic is to discuss the game in anticipation for it. That means no bashing it/the series, or putting it down just because you can. Only post if you have something good to say...If you really want to let loose at CoD and hate on it so much, go make a different topic about it.

I'm pretty excited for the game. It's being made by Treyarch, and I favor them over IW because they actually care about fixing their games post-release, and releasing good content for them. I'm going to pre-order it soon, so I have time to slowly pay it off. Anyway, here's what I'd like to see in the game:

First off, I'm hoping a Zombies mode will appear in the Wii version this time. I heard a Zombies mode was confirmed, but I'm not 100% sure (They said the video had footage of Zombies, but I didn't notice any, since the video went from clip-to-clip pretty fast IMO).

Second, I really hope there is WiiSpeak support. CoD:WaW would have been 20x better with it (And it was already good).

Third, more players in one match. I know MW:R had 5 per team, but I'd love to see 8 per team like the other Call of Duty games. It really makes it more fun and frantic (In a good way).

Last, more control-style choices. I know WaW didn't have many, and it was actually easier to play it with the Wii Zapper IMO, even though that was somewhat uncomfortable. I can't remember much from MW:R, so I won't use that as an example. I want to be able to actually customize it fully.

Feel free to post your positive comments and thoughts about the game and anything related to it.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I would really like a Nazi Zombies or other type of survival mode. It sucks CoD5 didn't have any on the Wii. Local splitscreen is also something we'd really need, I'm sick of games not having any. And I know this is probably out of the question, but Classic Controller/Pro support, since for some reason I'm a dual analog whore.

3. raiderscrusade

Member raiderscrusade GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I hope there is Classic Controller support, along with Split Screen 2 player where you can kill a mate [​IMG]

Looking forward to the game!

4. Forstride
    OP

United States
    I didn't even think about that. I guess that could tie in with more control options though. Classic Controller support would be wonderful, and maybe some kind of optional thing for a second Wii remote to control something (Some games have that option), like grenades, or maybe it can act like a way to reload, where you pick it up and place it under the main Wii remote, like you're actually reloading a gun.

Sure, the nunchuk could do that, but it would be cooler with a separate Wii remote, and since the nunchuk buttons will already be in use for something, maybe a button on the separate Wii remote could function for something else as well.

5. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I am not bashing the Call of Duty series but I want to see what this game is all about before really looking forward to it. I have never been a huge fan of the series as a whole but I didn't mind the online of Modern Warfare 2. I play titles for the single player and since Treyarch is developing, they might put more time into it than Infinity Ward did.

6. Forstride
    OP

United States
    Yeah, that's not bashing...But I don't blame you...I found MW2 kind of bad after a while; hackers started showing up a lot more, people using cheap tactics like quick scoping that just ruins the fun for others, and other stuff I never saw as much in CoD:WaW or CoD4:MW...Hopefully Treyarch can bring the series back.

7. abel009

Member abel009 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    zombie mode for the win [​IMG]

8. robiul

Member robiul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I would like nazi zombie, it was awesome on the xbox 360.

9. hybrid -x1

Member hybrid -x1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    we WONT get nazi zombies for jack shit, and were lucky that were even getting this ONE
    just like we still haven't gotten Modern warfare 2!

10. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    I'm rather excited for COD: Black Ops. It's pretty much a given that the graphics are going to suck on the Wii but I'm not a graphics-whore. I didn't like Reflex, much. I hated what you had to do to reload.

I would love it if they had zombies. WaW on the Wii didn't have it. If it did, I would proclaim that game the best Wii FPS. Mainly because Nazi zombies are awesome!

11. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    That's because While Activision owns the COD franchise, the two people that were dismissed from IW own the copyright of the Modern Warfare part. Since they have the copyright, and Activision owns COD... Treyarch cannot make or port any COD with Modern Warfare in its name. The exception is of course the first one, but this is only because IW LET them do it. This is the reason why I think we will never see another Modern Warfare COD title.

12. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Hopefully we see some screenshots soon, it's about time they start the hyping machine.

13. Parablank

Member Parablank GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Remember, they only have 4.7 GB to fill, so I highly doubt that they'll include splitscreen. Even if they do, the graphics and smoothness would probably be ruined.

Also, they probably won't have the zombies mode, but we can hope. :D

14. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    They could Dual layer it [​IMG]

I really want it to have Zombie Mode, its the best part of WaW as I'm not a fan of Cod Online

15. Parablank

Member Parablank GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Dammit.

Derp to me.

But don't they have to have special permission from Nintendo?

16. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Goldeneye is going to have splitscreen. [​IMG]

17. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    A Xbox game is using a 4.7GB disc, if I recall correctly, and the Xbox versions have splitscreen, Nazi Zombies, whatever. And Quantum of Solace had splitscreen and it ran a modified CoD4 engine, if that helps.

18. nugundam0079

Member nugundam0079 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Looking Forward to Goldeneye more than this..though its good to see the wii not being left out since thats usually the case.

and on a side note-putting "Anyone who enters here to bash call of duty will be reported" really sounds immature because,lets face it If I made a harsh criticism of the Series it can be misconstrued as"Bashing" which wouldn't be the case at all.I thought this was a forum not a fascist message board.

19. D3M0N23

Newcomer D3M0N23 Member

Netherlands
    anyone seen or heard of a coming wii trailer ?
    cuz well guess the E3 trailers weren't wii [​IMG]

20. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    I thought Xbox games ran dual-layered? I may be wrong though [​IMG] could someone clear this up?