Hacking Call for volunteers

AlexDP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've cropped up some channel creation code for WBFS Manager and I'm looking for a few volunteers to do some Alpha testing.
I'm unable to test the created channels myself because my Wii is on system menu 4.0 with no preloader or similar tool.
The code generates WAD files which correctly match the MD5 hashes of WAD files created manually, so I'm almost 100% sure it'll work, assuming the manual technique works.

NOTE
Please volunteer ONLY if you have a safe way to recover from banner bricks (be it preloader on previous SMs, or whatever). I don't want anyone to brick their Wii for this.

If your interested in volunteering send me a PM with your email address and I'll contact you with the files and testing instructions.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
Thanks to TroyTheZombie, skawo96, Red_Squirrel, Pirate and some others for the help in making this happen.
Also, if and when this works I'll be releasing the code for it so other WBFS tools can have this feature as well.

AlexDP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks Troy, I'm sending the email as I type
smile.gif

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
dude count me in!
tongue.gif
im not sure exactly what the point of it is, but i'll figure it out i guess lol. ive got preloader and everything and im on 3.2U
wink.gif
i'll pm u in a sec
smile.gif

AlexDP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
icefireicefire said:
I wonder what you did for the code...I'd liek to see it
smile.gif
Wow... i just looked at your link to your forum... that's quite a comprehensive tool you have there... Makes me kinda wonder if this feature is even necessary...

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
AlexDP said:
icefireicefire said:
I wonder what you did for the code...I'd liek to see it
smile.gif
Wow... i just looked at your link to your forum... that's quite a comprehensive tool you have there... Makes me kinda wonder if this feature is even necessary...
well if you want to create the game channels on the fly from the WBFS Manager 3.0 this well be a completion to a the #1 App

AlexDP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Things are getting better, pretty soon there'll be a beta version which I'll send out to you guys.
Can anyone tell me what channel ID the Mario Kart Wii channel uses?
I'm thinking of auto-generating 4 letter channel IDs and the channel name based on the name of the game and the first 4 letters of the game's disc ID (without the leading R), so that you could create multiple channel files at once, in batch mode without specifying details for each.

P.S. Don't worry, this will work with 64 bit as well, I assumed all my testers were using 32-bit OSes, so I only sent 32-bit, I'll send the beta in 64-bit to you when it's ready BIG MOE
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night