Homebrew RELEASE C&C - Vanilla Conquer

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, little endian, though I think you can make it switch. But even if it was backwards it should be the same for both. And the ARM64 allows unaligned access from normal memory.

I even swapped out the sha1 processor and it also fails...I tried it with the compression/encryption and even removed that and just rawfiled it, same effect. So I just removed the sha pipe and read it afterwards and that seems to work. I went as far to dump each block it processed, they were the same until near the near the end and suddenly it was different. Every time, but at a slightly different block number each time. I double checked and they both read the same number of blocks and bytes. Im at a loss, so I'll just go with the hack.

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shall look into it. C&C is more my style but have not yet, system shock is not my style so it's harder for me to diagnose issues as I dont even know how to play it :|

Reactions: cucholix
D

Deleted User

Thank you for your hard work.
Is there a guide which files of CnC and CnCRed I need from the directory of CnC Remastered Steam version for the Switch. The free download versions of the games linked on Github are unfortunately in English. I would like to play them in German.

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by capsterx,
D

Deleted User

@capsterx Is there any way to change the language of the game? I am interested about the German language.

Last edited by ,

OmniBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should just need the german versions of the mix files, finding the correct disks is another matter though. Some things will still be english as they are hardcoded behind some ifdefs in the code so the code has to be compiled for the language for those to be correct.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

@OmniBlade @capsterx
Unfortunately, the German version has different files, is that a problem.
I have now replaced the files (but AUD.MIX was not present in the installation folder of CNC), however I get only a blackscreen. It's a tricky thing with the language, because there is actually no digital version of the German game to be found on the internet, only extra patches for the international version. The German version of the games CNC and Redalert have been sold very rare and limited. What about the Archive CNC files from the Remastered version? They seem to have translated the games.

Last edited by ,

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OmniBlade @capsterx
Unfortunately, the German version has different files, is that a problem.
I have now replaced the files (but AUD.MIX was not present in the installation folder of CNC), however I get only a blackscreen. It's a tricky thing with the language, because there is actually no digital version of the German game to be found on the internet, only extra patches for the international version. The German version of the games CNC and Redalert have been sold very rare and limited. What about the Archive CNC files from the Remastered version? They seem to have translated the games.

If you use nxload to run it you get console output, I suspect it's throwing some kind of "insert CD" error.

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, that advice does not work... Still crash...

I know that the linux version has the same issue for loading, so it may be a bug upstream. I was able to get it to load from in game, but I did not try many different things or an advanced save.

D

Deleted User

okay, i searched like crazy on the internet and finally found the German versions. It is the only site where the ISO files are preserved.
Will try the files on the switch.
Unfortunately the ISO from Red Alert is without expansion pack.

Command & Conquer Teil 1 - Der Tiberiumkonflikt (1995)(Virgin)(DE)
https://archive.org/details/Command_And_Conquer_Teil_1_-_Der_Tiberiumkonflikt_1995_Virgin_DE
Command & Conquer Teil 2 - Alarmstufe Rot (1996)(Virgin)(DE)
https://archive.org/details/Command_And_Conquer_Teil_2_-_Alarmstufe_Rot_1996_Virgin_DE

Last edited by ,

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, that advice does not work... Still crash...

Try this, it was a non-trival patch. I had to rewrite the entire save/load part. Let me know how it goes. It wont be binary compatible with any previous saves.

Attachments

• vanillatd.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 168
Last edited by capsterx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No it's plant breeding