Hacking Buying Acekard 2i - on a rush.

rody2k6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so first of all let me apologize if I seem noobish, I been a long time member of the forums and should not do noobish stuff such as not searching past topics

So my question is the following:

March 31 - I am leaving the USA to go overseas - and I am taking my sister's DS and giving her a brand new DSi XL, and I need to know if I buy from a chinese shop (using shoptemp) will it get here before March 31st?

This is with me buying it around March 1st or 2nd.

Or is it better to pay extra and buy from an American Store?

When I first bought my Ak2i - 1 year ago it was from RHS but then they had the cloning problem, so can they be trusted again (as a source to buy Ak2i in the USA)

and if Chinese stores can get the item here before - which one is best - and is it cheaper to ask for a SD card to come with it, or is it cheaper to go to my local walmart and buy an SD card?

Thank you

d3monsting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my Chinese web site ordering experience, it's not safe to assume things will get here in a month. So if I really needed to get it, I would pay a bit extra. SD cards are generally best not bought from Chinese sites, fake flash, weird scent.. etc.

Best wishes.

G

GohanX

d3monsting said:
SD cards are generally best not bought from Chinese sites, fake flash, weird scent.. etc.

You realize most(all) flash cards come from China, no matter where you order it from right?

@op
To be safe, go with a US store, it's only a few bucks more and you're guaranteed to have it before you leave. RHS can be trusted, I've been getting good cards from them for a while.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get yor card from Leetmod.com They are US based, and I received mine within a week, in NY (shipps from WA)

They have the best US prices, as far as I could see.

rody2k6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moose13 said:
Get yor card from Leetmod.com They are US based, and I received mine within a week, in NY (shipps from WA)

They have the best US prices, as far as I could see.

I think I am going to Leetmod.com way - their AK2i is running for like $15 plus $1 for 1.4.1 DSi firmware.

and also around $8.50 for 2GB Kingstond MicroSD + USB Reader.

and shipping with 5 days max - for $2 - can't beat that price

a MOD can lock this baby up - already got the help I was looking for.

Thank you community.

d3monsting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GohanX said:
d3monsting said:
SD cards are generally best not bought from Chinese sites, fake flash, weird scent.. etc.
*SNIP* most(all) flash cards come from China, *SNIP*
Apologies for my not being clear. I meant those no-branded/fake-branded SD cards that are generally given in Chinese sites in a package when purchasing a DS flash cart. I assumed my meaning was implied to be so, and not to mean that all cards manufactured in China are bad. Again, apologies for the vagueness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Can you just edit the save file on a PC?