Where can i buy a migswitch ?

cruczen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, i wanna order 2x mig switches for me and my sister, we have both oled switches. I found a few sites but before i risk it and get scammed, i ask here if any of these sites are serious or if you know better sites.
I live in germany btw.

The sites i found are called migswitch.store, moddedhardware and migswitch.ideviceparts. i prefer the first one cuz its the cheapest one. Saves us some money for getting a bigger SD Card.

cruczen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dont even know how to find their main website lol. Google shows me tons of websites. I am really scared to purchase there anything. Thats why i ask first here

Last edited by cruczen,

cruczen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks. I went to their site, scrolled down to "EU" and tried the first link, but there was no purchase option. I guess its because its sold out. But the second link called migswitch2 worked fine. It costs 70€ each, a bit to expensive. Is this site okay ? can someone confirm ? same question for migswitch.store because they offer it for 60€. 60€ is really perfect for us.

cruczen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah and it sounds really fine for me. I dont wanna play online atm anyways. And i am not expecting to mod my switch with it or anything like that haha.

Ps. Nvm, on migswitch.store i can only pay with a visa or mastar card. I dont have any of theese. I just have a normal bank card and paypal. And the other 2 sites i found before, get too expensive as well because they add a 45$ Shipping fee. So migswitch2 is the only option for us. I will order from there and hope its serious. They shouldn't be able to scam anyways if i pay over paypal i think. And they need to provide a tracking number. Otherwise Paypal will refund my money easy.

Last edited by cruczen,

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah and it sounds really fine for me. I dont wanna play online atm anyways. And i am not expecting to mod my switch with it or anything like that haha.

Ps. Nvm, on migswitch.store i can only pay with a visa or mastar card. I dont have any of theese. I just have a normal bank card and paypal. And the other 2 sites i found before, get too expensive as well because they add a 45$ Shipping fee. So migswitch2 is the only option for us. I will order from there and hope its serious. They shouldn't be able to scam anyways if i pay over paypal i think. And they need to provide a tracking number. Otherwise Paypal will refund my money easy.

One big limitation I think is if you stick offline that means you can't update any of the games (only works for base games). but oof.. that's way expensive for shipping xD.

Reactions: cruczen

cruczen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One big limitation I think is if you stick offline that means you can't update any of the games (only works for base games). but oof.. that's way expensive for shipping xD.
Ohh i didnt know this. We are really poor to buy games you know. So it wont be even possible to play those games online since we cant update them ? (i am not scared of getting a switch ban tho. I had cfw on many of my nintendo consoles like the 3Ds and played online for years, never got a ban haha. But if i should get a ban, i dont even care since i heard there is a new nintendo / switch console coming out which we are going to buy).
I hope the migswitch gets a firmware update which changes this. If not, its fine. We might sell our migswitches once we got bored of offline playing. And i believe this is just the beginning for flashcards. I am very sure we get later even better flashcards. And even when i believe in this, i still bought the migswitch cuz me and my sister bought the switch oled on day 1 and till today we never updated it because we had big hopes that one day, cfw will be possible on it without opening the switch like the 3ds. Many people online wrote that its impossible but we dont wanted to believe in that.
Now the migswitch came and for now its enough for us (except we cant play online which is sad).

Anyways, we ordered from migswitch2 last night, 2 for 70€ each :) . That site was listed at the migswitch site so we trust it.

Last edited by cruczen,

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ohh i didnt know this. We are really poor to buy games you know. So it wont be even possible to play those games online since we cant update them ? (i am not scared of getting a switch ban tho. I had cfw on many of my nintendo consoles like the 3Ds and played online for years, never got a ban haha. But if i should get a ban, i dont even care since i heard there is a new nintendo / switch console coming out which we are going to buy).
I hope the migswitch gets a firmware update which changes this. If not, its fine. We might sell our migswitches once we got bored of offline playing. And i believe this is just the beginning for flashcards. I am very sure we get later even better flashcards. And even when i believe in this, i still bought the migswitch cuz me and my sister bought the switch oled on day 1 and till today we never updated it because we had big hopes that one day, cfw will be possible on it without opening the switch like the 3ds. Many people online wrote that its impossible but we dont wanted to believe in that.
Now the migswitch came and for now its enough for us (except we cant play online which is sad).

Anyways, we ordered from migswitch2 last night, 2 for 70€ each :) . That site was listed at the migswitch site so we trust it.

If you don't own the games then yes you can get banned for playing online (and wont be able to play or update online), and possible to happen for just trying to update them too.. or even just being online (in the worst case), just like someone on cfw using game files that were shared online. 3ds was freer but the switch does more in different ways, game files have identifiers so if lots of people use the same game files, that's been a bannable offense. And based on how people have been banned, the best way for them to detect it is to play online xD, well actually using cheats online is but yeah.

To avoid 'some' legal problems the migswitch doesn't cater to anything but backing up your own games, so if there would be any way to include updates in the xci files it'd likely be behind the scenes, but unless someone comes up with a way to make the game file identifiers unique somehow, it would be for offline play.
I do really want to see the progress made in the flashcart scene though yeah :).

You haven't updated your switches? I don't know what the prospects are for if there'd ever be an exploit for them, but you can still find what games didn't have big or important updates to play those I guess. Though if you didn't update then there's some newer games you might not be able to play. If you'd update your switch before going offline again then you could play the base games for newer ones too. You'd be giving up your older version but besides modchips I'm not sure oled will have an exploit.
Post automatically merged:

@cruczen
Personally, this is just me, but unless you'd get a modchip, I would update the switches (maybe after a bit of research) beforehand, in case of a ban (and then not being able to update anything xD). Of course you're free to wait for a rare exploit that just hasn't been found by now though :P.

Last edited by Windsall,

cruczen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you so much for all the info. This helps us a lot. I know we cant play newer games if we dont update the switch haha. But since we ordered the migswitch, we will update now our switches for sure for the newer games.
But seems like, we cant play those games online, or its at least risky. What about local multiplayer ? i believe this will work absolutely fine. Before i play with my sister, i will make sure both our switches, are not connected to the internet (after we updated the switch). So playing local together is fine for now until we see later if the firmware updates make more things possible like playing updated .xci files etc. and if a new flashcard should get released who offers this, we would sell our migswitches and buy those flashcards. Migswitch is just the first generation, and i knew from the beginning that we could skip this because a lot can change with newer flashcards (if they ever get released). But we couldn't wait anymore haha, because when we bought our oled switches on release, we didn't touch them cuz we had no games until now where we read about the migswitch :)

Ps. Ohhh i just came on a awesome idea ! One of my friends has a store where he sells USED switch games really cheap. I could visit him and dump all his games (now i wish, i would buy at least 1x dumper but i wanted to save badly money). He will let me to dump them for sure, cuz he let me to copy his other games for other platforms already in the past :).
I hope the original game cardridges that we dump, wont lose their files and are still playable when customers buy them.
I would just dump them and put their original files on our SD Cards for the migswitch, so we can play online.
I dont know if its a good idea if my sister would use the same files and play online with me. So its better if i dump her the game from a different cartridge.
For example: If she wants to play mario Kart 8 with me online, i should hope that my friend has 2 cardridges of mario kart 8. So i would dump the first one for my self, and the second one for my sister instead of dumping only the first cardridge for us both.
And i can imagine that playing even originally dumped games online, is risky and could cause a ban. But me and my sister aren't much worried about this. If we should get a ban, its really fine. We are saving anyways our money for the next nintendo console. So its all good

Last edited by cruczen,
Reactions: Windsall

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much for all the info. This helps us a lot. I know we cant play newer games if we dont update the switch haha. But since we ordered the migswitch, we will update now our switches for sure for the newer games.
But seems like, we cant play those games online, or its at least risky. What about local multiplayer ? i believe this will work absolutely fine. Before i play with my sister, i will make sure both our switches, are not connected to the internet (after we updated the switch). So playing local together is fine for now until we see later if the firmware updates make more things possible like playing updated .xci files etc. and if a new flashcard should get released who offers this, we would sell our migswitches and buy those flashcards. Migswitch is just the first generation, and i knew from the beginning that we could skip this because a lot can change with newer flashcards (if they ever get released). But we couldn't wait anymore haha, because when we bought our oled switches on release, we didn't touch them cuz we had no games until now where we read about the migswitch :)
Yeah sounds fine to do to me. I believe you should be fine to play multiplayer wirelessly. I don't know if it works with all games but maybe it does, I haven't looked into it. At least you'd have plenty you can play. And, certain games didn't even have updates, like some of the kirby games.

cruczen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah true. Thanks so much. We are excited for our migswitches. Maybe we are lucky and get it a few days or even weeks earlier than the sellers mail who told us they should be in stock again at march

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah true. Thanks so much. We are excited for our migswitches. Maybe we are lucky and get it a few days or even weeks earlier than the sellers mail who told us they should be in stock again at march

I'll be curious how it goes for you.

Also, 2 things I thought to mention. If you ever think of connecting back online after having used game files, I'd hope you use different nintendo accounts for the switch 2 once it comes out, in case it could affect you there too ;p.
And, there are some free games on the eshop that you could play in the meantime if you ever get starved for games, like there's a kirby one, and children of the sky or whatever it's called, nice casual game, and there's others too. Just thought to mention ;D.

cruczen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You are the best, thank you so much :). We didn't know this, so we gonna make new nintendo switch accounts for our switch 2.

And yes, we gonna explore the e shop today :)

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You don't have shopify support in the EU? I was able to checkout on migswitch.store without even typing my card details in since they use Shopify which supports Apple Pay(and google pay) I used apple tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1