Hacking buying a switch firmware version?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
you lucky american bastard
here in quebec, stores gets like 2-3 switch per month
nothing more
That's the same in most of the Norther Midwest too.
As to answer the question, whatever the latest OFW was when the system was shipped. So it could be 1.0 or a few patches back, due to Nintendo's rather unpredictable shipping patterns with the Switch.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Does it matter what it's on. You cannot do nothing with 2.0.0 anyway and won't do anytime soon, so just enjoy the system as it is.

Web exploits right now will not enable piracy, as there is a lot of meat and potatoes that devs have to discover before the sweet dessert comes that everyone wants.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was thinking about buying a switch too while it's still sold on low firmware.
my question is, if I buy the switch and a copy of zelda breath of the wild, will I be forced to update the console or to connect to the internet to do some initial setup?

I'd like to stay on 1.0 and be able to play zelda botw without connecting the console to the internet at all. Is that possible?

ogioto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my question is, if I buy the switch and a copy of zelda breath of the wild, will I be forced to update the console or to connect to the internet to do some initial setup?

I'd like to stay on 1.0 and be able to play zelda botw without connecting the console to the internet at all. Is that possible?
You need to do at least one connect to the netwotk to update Zelda. If you don't do that, you'll end up with very crappy framerates and lots issues.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to do at least one connect to the netwotk to update Zelda. If you don't do that, you'll end up with very crappy framerates and lots issues.

The microsxdc update is separate from the 2.0 update and only triggers once you put a sdxc card into your switch.
Also, do not forget reports about microSDXC.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, do not forget reports about microSDXC.

Let me guess microSDXC does not work with the switch?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your expectations for product availability is the joke here.

The joke is everyone has to wait almost a whole year in order to buy a product.

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
:/ if I set up reswitched dns can I update zelda without being forced to update the console?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calm down! They are on 1.0 if you still seen them in the stores. They still have that. Unless, Nintendo announce Nintendo Switch with a new game in it then it will be likely not a 1.0. :)

ogioto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
:/ if I set up reswitched dns can I update zelda without being forced to update the console?
You should ask in thebreswitched thread, idk man... I hope you'll be able to do it

PS: But it's meaningless to stay on 1.0.0, better rethink everything and get the latest firm, put reswitched and the wait for exploit, because 1.0.0 is nothing, just totally cutted, mostly functionless day one firm

Last edited by ogioto,

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the Switch hacked, Last I heard it's next summer?...LOL

Anyhow, I had the same chain of thought when I first got the Switch with BOTW but the hell with it I'm just going to enjoy my Switch with all the features offered right now.

I'm not spending $300+ to play one or two offline games over the next year or whenever the hacking community gets active, heck I wouldn't be surprised if a Gateway like card comes out for the Switch alongside a firmware downgrade method.

If you can get two Switch consoles then yeah keep one not connected to the internet but at least inspect the console while you can enjoy the other one with everything the Switch has to offer (yes I'm talking about Mario Kart and Splatoon online).

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"waiting" a few months if not a few years for the switch to be available in physical stores is good idea. /s

In what world would you have to wait a few years or even a few months to get a Switch? I see them at the retail stores in my city all the time (Best Buy, Target and Walmart all had stock last time I was in each store).

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

This is possible. You can connect to the network, without updating the firmware. In the home menu, navigate to the game and press + or - to get into the game menu. Here you can download the game update manually (you should do that for botw definitely!).
After that, setup your DNS to block firmware updates and reboot your console. Firmware will be at 1.0 and the game will be updated.

Last edited by MSco,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao