Gaming Buying a PSP GO for hacking

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
It took my friend about 4 hours to get chickhen working, just from doing it over and over again. It does work, it just takes time in some cases (He was using a white Slim, not sure which model but it was a fully hackable one).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
ChickHEN works via memory corruption, so while sometimes the exploit does get loaded and run, it often doesn't. It can take many tries (like up to 50), but I've heard if you reset the PSP to default settings it'll work quicker.

It relies on random allocation of padding but relies on hardcoded memory addresses to succeed. Therefore if that padding is allocated and randomly "obstructs" those important addresses ChickHEN fails.

There are said to be multiple factors which improve the odds, from battery size to MS size, although not fully understanding this myself, the whole foolproof picture set things like rubbish.

Mr.Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use ChickHEN once and install custom firmware will I need to continuously load ChickHEN or will it be permanently hacked and every time I turn it on it will not require anything else?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Mr.Guy said:
If I use ChickHEN once and install custom firmware will I need to continuously load ChickHEN or will it be permanently hacked and every time I turn it on it will not require anything else?

Use ChickHEN once, flash CFW, ditch ChickHEN forever as you've just written a firmware into memory. No worries about it disappearing or anything with a power off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1