Buying a PS5

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds great!

I'll wait for Sony to announce their PS5 Slim, still. Not a big fan of the Oversized Router style.
I added some purple covers to mine, the official ones, since last June. the ps5 and the xbsx both have intakes to cool the system down. the ps5's unfortunately is the top of the system (all those vents), then it pushes air out the back. the xbox is the opposite, its intake is on the back, then it pushes air out the top.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, the system is even larger than the series x, at least taller. there's comparisons on just how tall the system is compared with the phats from yesteryear.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I added some purple covers to mine, the official ones, since last June. the ps5 and the xbsx both have intakes to cool the system down. the ps5's unfortunately is the top of the system (all those vents), then it pushes air out the back. the xbox is the opposite, its intake is on the back, then it pushes air out the top.
The Series X arrangement is admittedly very smart and much less susceptible to clogging, but it does rely on negative pressure pulling air through the fin stack, as opposed to the fan pushing air through it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Series X arrangement is admittedly very smart and much less susceptible to clogging, but it does rely on negative pressure pulling air through the fin stack, as opposed to the fan pushing air through it.
I had to move one of my shelves up by myself just to add clearance to the ps5, due to it being so tall. there was about an inch or less clearance otherwise, now it's about five inches, and the series x is on the opposite site of that system. no issues with either system.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had to move one of my shelves up by myself just to add clearance to the ps5, due to it being so tall. there was about an inch or less clearance otherwise, now it's about five inches, and the series x is on the opposite site of that system. no issues with either system.
So far my launch PS5 has only ever overheated twice, and simply cleaning out the fan resolved the issue. To be expected considering the poor thing is running almost 24/7 as the household’s preferred game system. It is definitely more susceptible to dust accumulation compared to the Series X, but fairly easy to clean given the fact that just removing the fan alone gives you excellent access to the heatsink.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far my launch PS5 has only ever overheated twice, and simply cleaning out the fan resolved the issue. To be expected considering the poor thing is running almost 24/7 as the household’s preferred game system. It is definitely more susceptible to dust accumulation compared to the Series X, but fairly easy to clean given the fact that just removing the fan alone gives you excellent access to the heatsink.
haven't had either overheat, but I don't game enough. I mostly play the wiiu, which used to overheat. I replaced the fan back in April, and so far, it's working at 10 hours/day almost every day.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
haven't had either overheat, but I don't game enough. I mostly play the wiiu, which used to overheat. I replaced the fan back in April, and so far, it's working at 10 hours/day almost every day.
I think Sony big brained the shell design a little too much on the PS5 - they had a good thing going on the PS4 Slim/Pro and they’ve done gone ruined it. Removable plates are great, but IMO the whole central panel should be toollessly removable to give full access to the heatsink - that’d greatly improve the serviceability of the system. Maybe in the next revision they’ll figure out how to give users more access without having to remove 8 zillion quadrillion screws. Seriously, that thing’s made out of’em.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Sony big brained the shell design a little too much on the PS5 - they had a good thing going on the PS4 Slim/Pro and they’ve done gone ruined it. Removable plates are great, but IMO the whole central panel should be toollessly removable to give full access to the heatsink - that’s greatly improve the serviceability of the system. Maybe in the next revision they’ll figure out how to give users more access without having to remove 8 zillion quadrillion screws. Seriously, that thing’s made out of’em.
as I've said before, the ps5's shape looks like a vagina, which is probably as close to a lot of these users will ever get to the real thing. haha

• Haha
Reactions: R3DRE111AVER

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
as I've said before, the ps5's shape looks like a vagina, which is probably as close to a lot of these users will ever get to the real thing. haha
I’m getting strong Seto Kaiba vibes from it, but each to their own. :lol:

26A32715-180B-4B40-BDE4-ABF08A5AABCB.jpeg

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up