Hacking Buying a new DSi, Firmware?

Buster24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i plan on picking up a new DSi in the next week or so and was just wondering if there is a chance that it could have 1.4 on it, i noticed the new ones coming out in EU soon will be using 1.4 out of the box so i was just wondering if anyone has come across a DSi from the US with 1.4 already on it. i plan on getting a AK2i with it and i don't really know anyone around me with a DSL i could use to patch it if i ended up with a 1.4.

Buster24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edge199715 said:
Some flashcarts don't need a dsl to update.
I'm aware but the one i want cannot.

QUOTE(Chris_Skylock @ Sep 27 2009, 07:12 AM) it's been rumored that new DSi has updated firmware. this case, expect the new colors to have 1.4. as for the current colors, you may have luck specially with the stickers
Good to know, what do you mean with the stickers though?

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the pink and white new us one comes with the 1.4 my sister got pink with 1.4 so yeah if you need a dsl just find somebody in a restuarant their everywhere

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that what that is? Ive heard a update was blocking on newer DSi... That is a good point thats why we have U and they have J
tongue.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if there was not letters then maybe but there is a j lol but hey at least you know your stuff they put letters so the dsi know what shop to connect to

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buster24 said:
Hello, i plan on picking up a new DSi in the next week or so and was just wondering if there is a chance that it could have 1.4 on it, i noticed the new ones coming out in EU soon will be using 1.4 out of the box so i was just wondering if anyone has come across a DSi from the US with 1.4 already on it. i plan on getting a AK2i with it and i don't really know anyone around me with a DSL i could use to patch it if i ended up with a 1.4.
Did u already get it? Maybe a m3i zero u should get it doesn't use a ds/dsi to upgrade.

Buster24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
the pink and white new us one comes with the 1.4 my sister got pink with 1.4 so yeah if you need a dsl just find somebody in a restuarant their everywhere
Thank you, i plan on getting a black so maybe i can luck out.

KingVamp said:
QUOTE(Buster24 @ Sep 27 2009, 02:06 AM) Hello, i plan on picking up a new DSi in the next week or so and was just wondering if there is a chance that it could have 1.4 on it, i noticed the new ones coming out in EU soon will be using 1.4 out of the box so i was just wondering if anyone has come across a DSi from the US with 1.4 already on it. i plan on getting a AK2i with it and i don't really know anyone around me with a DSL i could use to patch it if i ended up with a 1.4.
Did u already get it? Maybe a m3i zero u should get it doesn't use a ds/dsi to upgrade.
Haven't bought anything yet planning on ordering everything in the next few days. One of my friends was telling me M3 had very slow updates which leaned me in favor of AK, but assuming i change my mind any recommendations on where to get a M3i Zero thats not fake for a decent price?

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeltaBurnt said:
Currently only the unreleased new colored DSis (this only applys in Europe, the US already got new colors and they have 1.3) are planned to have 1.4 already on them.

maybe its both because my sister got hers with 1.4

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Currently only the unreleased new colored DSis (this only applys in Europe, the US already got new colors and they have 1.3) are planned to have 1.4 already on them.

maybe its both because my sister got hers with 1.4

Well there's a couple people here who have already said they come with 1.3 :\

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Today im going and exchanging my dsi (black) with pokemon diamond and pearl for a white one even if it ahs 1.4 my acekard already has the fix

spitfire7001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a White DSi at target last week and it came with 1.3u for anyone's information. Don't think they are pre-loading quite yet.

step29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think there are ways to tell if the DSi is 1.3 or 1.4? Just like a PSP you look in a letter in the sticker of the PSP box and that letter equals what firmware is it, Do you think it's the same for the DSi? Is there any way to tell?

ParMa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This helps me too. I've already ordered my Ak2i from GamebyGame, and I'm getting a light blue DSi soon.

I have a DSL to patch it with if it come preloaded.. but it seems like its not, which is a relief
smile.gif

Nintendo is powerless. There will always be a way. Somebody in the world will make it happen. I base this on statistics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...