one lazy schmo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Since I've managed to ruin my White DS Lite, I'm buying a new one, after I get my school stipend next month. Now, should I go for the new silver one that's coming in Europe on October 16th?
I still think the black one looks a bit better, but do you have any issues with them? On my white DS Lite the dirt (no matter how much I tried to keep it clean) got between the transparent and white plastic making it VERY ugly (and dirt elsewhere was pretty obvious on it too). Are fingerprints the only problem the black DS has?

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Since I've managed to ruin my White DS Lite, I'm buying a new one, after I get my school stipend next month. Now, should I go for the new silver one that's coming in Europe on October 16th?
I still think the black one looks a bit better, but do you have any issues with them? On my white DS Lite the dirt (no matter how much I tried to keep it clean) got between the transparent and white plastic making it VERY ugly (and dirt elsewhere was pretty obvious on it too). Are fingerprints the only problem the black DS has?
pretty much yes.

If you want to look different I guess I'd go with teh silver one.

Switchy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I think the black one looks much better.
I have the black one as well and no issues except for fingerprints, and even those wipe off very easily.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Silver. Shiny. Awesomeful. Oooooooo...

I also think that the black and crimson red one look pretty leet. If I were you, I would buy the crimson, black and the silver. But I don't live in Eurpe, so I can't get the silver yet...
frown.gif

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I would go with the black because I bought an new Lite for exactly the same reason and I get no dirt trapped in it (that is visible).

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Fingerprints are only a problem when there's just one or very few of them. Just refrain from cleaning your DS during that phase, and you'll be happy ever after.
cool.gif

drtofu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black I would say ,but really if you can aim for the crimson ds (red and black) I have it and its amazing. They use a matte black which is the same color as the inside of the black ds so.. theres like no figerprints really. The top is a nice color and it kina gets some prints but not as bad as my friend's black ds. And worse comes to worse sell the brain age 2 game and the case and its cheaper if no same price as a normal ds.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever see those laptops with the silver palm rests? Ever see them after a couple months of use? There's a huge black palm print, I'm sure the DS Lite would suffer the same thing. I'd go with black between the two.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you ruin it? If it's just the hinge you can just buy a black replacement case. Or get the cool chrome Shock! one. The chrome one gets really scratched up, but that can be fixed with a clear plastic protective case. BTW, I'm doing that. It's gonna pwn.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS Lites have a layer of clear plastic over the colored layer on the outside. It looks like the plastic is colored all the way through and not just painted over like on the original DS so there shouldn't be a problem on the inside either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage