Buying a new 3DS XL, need help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Barz, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Barz
    OP

Barz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2015
    Iceland
  2. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    I think you waited too long to buy one, its a slim chance you get one with the firmware you're looking for.

3. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Email them and ask. They can refuse to answer or if they have them make a sale. I find most business just want to make a sale.

4. DarkSer

DarkSer Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    Kyrgyzstan
    I bought the same console from this shop one week ago, FW is 9.0.0-20E :lol:

5. Barz
    OP

Barz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2015
    Iceland

Been looking for someone like you!
    Was it the same color as well? and did you email them or was that just pure luck?
    Well I tried asking what firmware the device has , but they just told me its the latest one... felt like they got no idea what they were talking about tho.

Can someone confirm if the gateway card is the one I need? Or even better, link me to a reliable site that ships them to Europe...

6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    That is the Gateway. There is only one. Make sure you buy from a seller listed on gateways website, I can't help you with Europe. You can't get one in Isreal? It is best to buy local if you can because you can check out the firmware in most cases before you buy or return it immediately if you don't want it. At least that's how it works in the US with most stores.

7. Barz
    OP

Barz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2015
    Iceland

It is way too expensive here, the cheapest one being around 300$...
    I'm thinking about buying the Sky3ds one because I heard it works on every firmware.

8. MonkeyWithAGun

MonkeyWithAGun Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2015
    United States
    Richmond, Virginia
    Someone on reddit was selling a gateway for $50, but I can vouch for theGamerDepot... i have been loving my gateway!

9. DarkSer

DarkSer Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    Kyrgyzstan
    Just luck) same color, AUS version, it's looks like old stock (because now this item under clearance sale), best way e-mail them and ask serial number (if they don't want load console and check FW directly), after you can compare with N3DS XL Firmware by version number

10. Barz
    OP

Barz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2015
    Iceland
    Well I decided to go with Sky3DS so no need to worry about that anymore. Thanks all

11. Barz
    OP

Barz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2015
    Iceland
    I just noticed that play-asia's shipping method will charge me 20%+75$ tax once it arrives... decided to give it up. Good thing they couldn't ship it out because of some holiday.
    Did any1 have any luck ordering a console from VGP?

12. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    yea maybe if GW loses enough sales they will wise up

13. Barz
    OP

Barz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2015
    Iceland
    Went back to GW tbh. Sky's region lock is a real pain.