Hacking Buying a DS

-Mew-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
No idea where to post this so I figured out this would be the place.

So I ordered an M3 Real from Gameyeeeah and i'm waiting for it to be shipped, wont buy a DS until it gets here. Anyways heres my story. I live in Croatia (Europe) here we have only 3 colors for the DS Black,White and Pink and one price 150€ (the euro zone standard price) i was looking for an alternative to that, first thing that poped into my mind was well amazon.com and then i was shocked! A DS on amazon costs 130$ or 88€ thats a HELL of a lot cheaper then here in europe! Not to mention only 130$ for Cobalt / Black or Crimson / Black... Since i have no reliable friends in the US and i cant just give someone the money and hope that he buys it a ships it... and i wont even think of the shipping cost... And so I'm here since i think this is the best place to ask about NDS stuff. Is there a way to get a Cheap DS lite shipped from somewhere or something thats reliable since i dont trust Ebay that much. Oh yeah and amazon has an 8GB SD card for like for like 27$. HELL we dont even have 8GB cards in our shops here... a 4 GB one costs about 40$
rolleyes.gif
!

I mean even with the shipping costs from the US at least i'd get an cool colored DS (sure now you might think well you can always buy colored cases and stuff... well i dont think i'd be able replace the case and second of all i want a cheap DS dont want to spend another 50$ on cases and whatnot)

So is there some online shop or something where i can buy a Cobalt/Black or Chrismon/Black DS for less then 150€ with shipping?

Thank you for any help you can provide!
yaynds.gif

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
Just go with Amazon or Ebay.com. And of corse the price here are cheaper because euro is twice the price of america.

-Mew-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Oh yeah i forgot to mention that. I cant buy it on Amazon because theres regional restrictions... I cant buy the SD card nor can i buy the DS... i would have gotten it over amazon if i could...

I'm looking for a site that will ship me the DS without that regional restriction bullshit.

And i dont really trust ebay.com ... or more like i cant find a trushworty person there from whom to buy it.

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
LMAO you dont trust ebay? If you search nintendo ds then click ds lite then click new and click on some of the ds and if you find one with a great price and if the user has like 97-100% and also say those big buyer thing. Then buy it trust me I baught a $70 Black DS with Pokemon coating on it for my lil brother and everything was sealed and new. XD

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
when u buy a product from the store dont just look at the product's price but also at the posting price and sometime TAX.

QUOTE said:
Oh yeah and amazon has an 8GB SD card for like for like 27$. HELL we dont even have 8GB cards in our shops here... a 4 GB one costs about 40$ !

just want to say that u will need a microsd not sd cards for m3real

sd cards:
sd-flash.jpg

MICROSD:
sandisk_4gb_microsd_3.jpg

-Mew-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
DarkRey said:
when u buy a product from the store dont just look at the product's price but also at the posting price and sometime TAX.

QUOTE said:
Oh yeah and amazon has an 8GB SD card for like for like 27$. HELL we dont even have 8GB cards in our shops here... a 4 GB one costs about 40$ !

just want to say that u will need a microsd not sd cards for m3real

Well I'm specifically talking about MicroSDHC. Yeah i know the terminology
smile.gif

Thank for the responses, thieves like us made me a very tempting offer.

Does anyone know if M3 Real microSD card reader reads MicroSDHC cards?

Reconnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]

Well I'm specifically talking about MicroSDHC. Yeah i know the terminology
smile.gif

Thank for the responses, thieves like us made me a very tempting offer.

Does anyone know if M3 Real microSD card reader reads MicroSDHC cards?
[/quote]

The Card reader that comes with the M3 Real does not suport SDHC. Most cards, but not all will come with the transflash SDHC usb adapter
image.php
. So make sure you get one of these or else anything over 2.0GB it will not read it!

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want cheap microSD cards you can look at dealextreme.com
wink.gif
they sell lots of stuff for really cheap, they also sell replacement cases. But not DS' themselves...

-Mew-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Joey90 said:
If you want cheap microSD cards you can look at dealextreme.com
wink.gif
they sell lots of stuff for really cheap, they also sell replacement cases. But not DS' themselves...
Too bad they dont sell 8 Gb microSDHC cards...
frown.gif

Reconnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Mew- said:

My sister Has that first linked one which works good. The second combo looks ceaper but does it come with the adapter to go from Micro SD to SD? If So go with the second two combo because you could use the 6-in-1 reader with other HC cards over 2.0GB which comes in handy!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just a note here the M3 REAL should come with a micro sd card reader
smile.gif

secondly I would go with black for a ds choice white shows up dirt quite a lot!

my son has a white one and you can clearly see any dirt or marks that gets on it from your fingers so looks kinda messy .....

I have a black lite
smile.gif

my g/f has pink lite and that too shows up the dirt!
frown.gif

ADDITIONAL NOTES :

NO NINTENDO DS REGARDLESS OF WHAT COUNTRY IT COMES FROM HAS ANY REGIONAL RESTRICTIONS!!!

Only issue would be making sure you get one with a correct power supply plug for your country eg in america they use 2 pin 110v plug and in the uk we use 3 pin 240v plug ...

meaning if I imported a ds from the US I would either have to buy a plug adapter or just buy a UK power supply for the ds
smile.gif

-Mew-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
kobykaan said:
just a note here the M3 REAL should come with a micro sd card reader
smile.gif

secondly I would go with black for a ds choice white shows up dirt quite a lot!

my son has a white one and you can clearly see any dirt or marks that gets on it from your fingers so looks kinda messy .....

I have a black lite
smile.gif

my g/f has pink lite and that too shows up the dirt!
frown.gif

ADDITIONAL NOTES :

NO NINTENDO DS REGARDLESS OF WHAT COUNTRY IT COMES FROM HAS ANY REGIONAL RESTRICTIONS!!!

Only issue would be making sure you get one with a correct power supply plug for your country eg in america they use 2 pin 110v plug and in the uk we use 3 pin 240v plug ...

meaning if I imported a ds from the US I would either have to buy a plug adapter or just buy a UK power supply for the ds
smile.gif

I'm sorry you misunderstood, i'm talking about the color restictions Cobalt/Black and Crismon Red arent available in Europe as far as i know maybe they are but they cost 150€, and in the US they cost like 130$ dollars. There are Regional Restirctions on amazon.com since hardware and software have different dates of release and stuff they cant deliver stuff to Europe. One of the prime examples are games where the release date for a game is something a month apart, like Universe at War where it was released in the US first and then after 3 months in Europe...

Thanks for reminding me of the power supply thing ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30