demoon42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I'm Thinking about to buy Pokemon Hg or Ss, Because i get an pokéwalker with it and i don't need to wait for a anti-piracy patch.
But What should i do?

Greetz.

ACDCGAMER

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you have an AceKard2i or are extremely patient, then you could always wait to download it. But if you really, really want to play the game, go ahead and buy the game, as you'll get the Pokéwalker and the game will run flawlessly.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought Soul Silver and downloaded Heart Gold as I have an Edge ( aswell as my M3i0 ) I I definitely think it was worth buying it just for the fact that its there and I know I will never have problems. Personally I don't use the pokewalker but many people do and say its great, I just don't really see the point. The only use I think is to get event pokemon
biggrin.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheChosenBanana said:
You could download it and buy just a PokeWalker,even though I dunno will that two work together..
That would only work if your flashcart has an IR port. None have an IR port. Therefore you can't use a Pokewalker with a flashcart. This has been repeated several billion times on this forum in the past week alone.

TheChosenBanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
injected11 said:
TheChosenBanana said:
You could download it and buy just a PokeWalker,even though I dunno will that two work together..
That would only work if your flashcart has an IR port. None have an IR port. Therefore you can't use a Pokewalker with a flashcart. This has been repeated several billion times on this forum in the past week alone.
Yeah i thought that two won't go together.sorry I didn't saw billion posts saying that.

daemmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am thinking i am go to buy it. nitendo has won with this AP.
mellow.gif

i have got a itouch2 for dsi and still no fix after 1.5 weeks. and i have pre ordered .( release 26-03-10)
and someone who reply on this and says :'you're from america' then i say 'no , i'm not' because I dont know
why i am registred as a american .

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
daemmaster said:
i am thinking i am go to buy it. nitendo has won with this AP.
mellow.gif

i have got a itouch2 for dsi and still no fix after 1.5 weeks. and i have pre ordered .( release 26-03-10)
and someone who reply on this and says :'you're from america' then i say 'no , i'm not' because I dont know
why i am registred as a american .
blink.gif
Lolwut?

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I did both. Played Heart Gold from the day the French version leaked, and bought Soul Silver today. The main drawback of buying it is that saving takes a hell lot of time (7 to 10 seconds), whereas it takes 1 second with a flashcard. Also if you have the official, you won't be able to edit your save with pokesav.

But with the downloaded version, you'll have all those freezes. And you can't use the Pokéwalker. I didn't tried it yet, I don't even know what it is

demoon42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, Thx.
But how does the pokéwalker works? =D
is there a guide about it? can some1 link it to me than?

Greetz

Edit: But, with the official version, can i use cheats?

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I guess you can with an Action Replay. Pokesav can generate Action Replay codes (correct me if I'm wrong). But for that you still need to get the save file out of the cart, and it's not easy (you have to solder a wire and all... Not really worth it overall).

I'm gonna try the pokéwalker right now.

ACDCGAMER

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait! You said you have an AceKard2i! Luckily for you, with AKAIO 1.6, that used to be the only flashcart (until today, I believe) that ran HeartGold and SoulSilver perfectly. So, if you're not really that interested in the Pokewalker, you don't really need to buy it if you update to AKAIO 1.6. Again, just a suggestion, though!
tongue.gif

Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I say buy the game. It is worth buying it just for the poke walker. It is just fun to bring the little thing with you everywhere you go. This is coming from a 26 year old!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sub-50 for a >20k mAh battery with 100w PD charging? Fuckin sold