Buy No more heroes campaign

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by tjas, Jan 29, 2008.

Jan 29, 2008

Buy No more heroes campaign by tjas at 12:42 PM (1,714 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. tjas
    OP

Member tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
    This campaign started at the ubisoft forums but I think it is a good idea! To stop shovelware from being released on the wii we need to show that their is interest in quality mature wii games!

Are you going to buy no more heroes?

2. Social0

Member Social0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
  3. 1337Nemo

Member 1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    i wont buy censored games which come 6 months later or whatever to europe.

i will buy a game again when nintendo decides to stop fucking europe in the ass and stop using friend codes.

4. tjas
    OP

Member tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
    And 6 months? I count one... release usa was in januarie and in europe it wil be realesed one month later..

5. Dumari

Newcomer Dumari Member

United States
    I would have bought the game already if I had the spare cash as I get great enjoyment out of the game and pretty much everything about Suda51.

It's a shame to hear about how badly the game did in Japan.

6. pristinemog

Member pristinemog GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm thinking about buying it just to support it. I don't have a Wii but I LOVED Killer7 and I wish more people would appreciate these kinds of games.

7. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    I'm currently/still admiring it.

8. katsuce

Member katsuce GBAtemp Fan

France
    my copy shipped yesterday, expecting it next week, but I guess I'll download and play it while waiting for the original disc

9. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    what he said, and europe still get the crappy version of the games regardless of who does the censorship

10. apb407

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    just got it today and im about to play it in a half hour.

11. blueskies

Member blueskies GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This game is definitely in the 'buy' category for me, but I'm hoping the current rut I'm in doesn't continue for the rest of the game. It seemed to be touted a more open ended, but I'm rank 7 and it's already "do the dumb/funny side job so he'll open an assassination mission, do the two assassination missions so you can pay for the next rank, do the rank mission, repeat. And they keep sending me to the same 3 or 4 places. I don't know.. i do get bored quickly, but this game is pretty damn fun.

12. D1MX

Member D1MX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    THIS GAME ROCKS!

I wanna buy it but...

...I already got it...

...from...

...a friend >.>.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Btw I'm fighting that Black Girl w/ the Afro she got some crazy Samurai skills.

BUT MY LIGHTSABRE>>>>>ALL!

13. AmnesiaHaze

Newcomer AmnesiaHaze Member

Czech Republic
    thats sad but true , but NMH was the main reason i ordered an US-Wii, never seen such stylish game before , it is very dissapointing to see how good games are made worse for PAL-regions or wont be released at all. I realised that the only solution is get the US console. Ill never buy an PAL-console again [​IMG]

14. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    When I eventually get my Wii and its out over here I will buy it, don't give a damn about the blood.

15. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    The only thing I will ever buy for the Wii will probably be Wii Fit, because of the balance board.

I do NOT believe that the Shovelware flood will stop when I buy more quality games. So I'm not planning to do so.
    In general I think games are too expensive. AND it's too easy to play pirate games.

I love playing games on my gba/ds/wii but if I have to buy all my games, then I'll gladly pass. I'm the type of gamer that plays ALL games but only for short amounts of time. I'm a real game-hopper! I simply CANNOT buy a game and play it for an hours until I get to the end.
    This all began in the days of the Commodore 64, up until now with the Wii. I know I've ruined part of the experience where you buy the game, read the complete booklet then pop in the cartridge and play until you finished it. It's a nice way to play games. Heck, I tried pulling my nephew into the world of Supercard and R4, but he chooses deliberately to buy one game and play that for months. I simply don't enjoy that type of gaming. So I can only choose to A) download my free games or B) quit gaming.

I'm willing to invest in the hardware and the peripherals (the bongo's with Donkey Konga and the balanceboard Wii Fit) but it's as far as I go.

It's the same with the new Smashbrothers, if it works on my Wiikey: GREAT! If it doesn't work, to hell with it, I'm not going to buy it PERIOD. I've got too many other games to play that also are fun and addicting.

If the complete Wii/DS pirate scene dies because of super duper protection schemes, good for Nintendo, it serves them right. I'll just continue to play my Wii/GC/GBA/DS games.

I really don't care for the ethic of "you're stealing when you're downloading games". I agree to a certain degree, but my main point is: If there was no Wii/DS pirate scene, I also would not have bought a GBA, DS or Wii in the first place. It's as simple as that.

That's my opinion, you probably got yours, that's fine.

So in short NO, I will definitely NOT buy No more Heroes

16. Warm Woolly Shee

Member Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just want to say thanks to everyone who is buying NMH. Suda 51 is the Quentin Tarantino of gaming, and I want to see them in business for a long time.

If you can't afford a game you truly want to support, do the next best thing and write a review on Amazon!

17. mrgone

Member mrgone GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    so, this game is like the equivalent to kill bill,
    which got released in US and Europe with this crappy black & white version of the fight against the crazy88 and in japan as colored version?