Gaming Buy No more heroes campaign

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This campaign started at the ubisoft forums but I think it is a good idea! To stop shovelware from being released on the wii we need to show that their is interest in quality mature wii games!

Are you going to buy no more heroes?

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i wont buy censored games which come 6 months later or whatever to europe.

i will buy a game again when nintendo decides to stop fucking europe in the ass and stop using friend codes.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

i will buy a game again when nintendo decides to stop fucking europe in the ass and stop using friend codes.

It is not nintendos choice.. it was suda 51's here is a mail I sent to rising star games (publisher NMH europe)

QUOTE said:
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to say that I am very pleased that No more heroes is comming to europe! European releases are always dependent on western publishers and the question do they dare to sell the game in europe. I hope the sales of the game will be pleasing and it will result to more games that will be released earlier in Europe.

Just a little side note, there is no way in talking you guys into releasing the US verion (with blood) in europe? You know what if you would only release it in the netherlands I would be happy
tongue.gif

Keep up the good work!

Dear Tjas

Thanks for your e-mail.

The decision was taken right from the beginning of the development process for there to be two versions of No More Heroes: the Japanese / European version and the American one. We were never going to publish the American version. I’ve just spend two weeks on a promotional tour with Suda 51. He actually prefers the Japanese / European version himself!

Regards.

Richard

And 6 months? I count one... release usa was in januarie and in europe it wil be realesed one month later..

Dumari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have bought the game already if I had the spare cash as I get great enjoyment out of the game and pretty much everything about Suda51.

It's a shame to hear about how badly the game did in Japan.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

what he said, and europe still get the crappy version of the games regardless of who does the censorship

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is definitely in the 'buy' category for me, but I'm hoping the current rut I'm in doesn't continue for the rest of the game. It seemed to be touted a more open ended, but I'm rank 7 and it's already "do the dumb/funny side job so he'll open an assassination mission, do the two assassination missions so you can pay for the next rank, do the rank mission, repeat. And they keep sending me to the same 3 or 4 places. I don't know.. i do get bored quickly, but this game is pretty damn fun.

D1MX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS GAME ROCKS!

I wanna buy it but...

...I already got it...

...from...

...a friend >.>.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Btw I'm fighting that Black Girl w/ the Afro she got some crazy Samurai skills.

BUT MY LIGHTSABRE>>>>>ALL!

AmnesiaHaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
europe still get the crappy version of the games regardless of who does the censorship

thats sad but true , but NMH was the main reason i ordered an US-Wii, never seen such stylish game before , it is very dissapointing to see how good games are made worse for PAL-regions or wont be released at all. I realised that the only solution is get the US console. Ill never buy an PAL-console again
biggrin.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I eventually get my Wii and its out over here I will buy it, don't give a damn about the blood.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only thing I will ever buy for the Wii will probably be Wii Fit, because of the balance board.

I do NOT believe that the Shovelware flood will stop when I buy more quality games. So I'm not planning to do so.
In general I think games are too expensive. AND it's too easy to play pirate games.

I love playing games on my gba/ds/wii but if I have to buy all my games, then I'll gladly pass. I'm the type of gamer that plays ALL games but only for short amounts of time. I'm a real game-hopper! I simply CANNOT buy a game and play it for an hours until I get to the end.
This all began in the days of the Commodore 64, up until now with the Wii. I know I've ruined part of the experience where you buy the game, read the complete booklet then pop in the cartridge and play until you finished it. It's a nice way to play games. Heck, I tried pulling my nephew into the world of Supercard and R4, but he chooses deliberately to buy one game and play that for months. I simply don't enjoy that type of gaming. So I can only choose to A) download my free games or B) quit gaming.

I'm willing to invest in the hardware and the peripherals (the bongo's with Donkey Konga and the balanceboard Wii Fit) but it's as far as I go.

It's the same with the new Smashbrothers, if it works on my Wiikey: GREAT! If it doesn't work, to hell with it, I'm not going to buy it PERIOD. I've got too many other games to play that also are fun and addicting.

If the complete Wii/DS pirate scene dies because of super duper protection schemes, good for Nintendo, it serves them right. I'll just continue to play my Wii/GC/GBA/DS games.

I really don't care for the ethic of "you're stealing when you're downloading games". I agree to a certain degree, but my main point is: If there was no Wii/DS pirate scene, I also would not have bought a GBA, DS or Wii in the first place. It's as simple as that.

That's my opinion, you probably got yours, that's fine.

So in short NO, I will definitely NOT buy No more Heroes

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Suda 51 is the Quentin Tarantino of gaming, and I want to see them in business for a long time.

so, this game is like the equivalent to kill bill,
which got released in US and Europe with this crappy black & white version of the fight against the crazy88 and in japan as colored version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas