Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I don't believe there is a way to reconfigure the buttons.

I wish it was possible though.
wink.gif

~Nero

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a mod for the original ds called DS chip advanced that has remapping functions , although I don't think it can let you use B & Y
frown.gif

Although if you really wanted B & Y , I don't see any reason you couldn't rewire yourself. Wires from Y to switch , other side of switch to A. Switch it on and Y will activate A. Switch it off and your back to normal for ds games. Assuming the buttons inside the ds work the same way they do on control pads and there isn't anything in the way. Not had my DS open , but can't see why it wouldn't work.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless, the point is that you would have to do a hardware modification in order to change the buttons around, as the DS cannot normally recognize the X and Y buttons at all when in GBA mode.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, my ultimate mod would be a bit more complicated:
Y=B
B=A
X=L+B
A=L+A

This would not only make most GBA games easier to play, but it would also make Street Fighter Zero 2 pretty much perfect (as I could set up my config just like the SNES Street Fighter games).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1