burn speed

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by 3DPiper, Jan 3, 2011.

1. 3DPiper
    OP

3DPiper GBAtemp Fan

Jun 13, 2004
    United States
    So far I have burned about 5 games, and none of them have worked.. I always get a 'game is not compatible' or 'disc cannot be read' error..

The guy I bought the XBox from says I need to be burning at 2x speed..

Does that really matter?

I hate to keep making DL coasters..

2. shinyazz52

shinyazz52 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2010
    are you using img burn? if so burning at 2.4x should be fine . also go to tools , settings , write and type
    1913760 in the layer break option , thats what i use and never had one coaster.

3. lukands

lukands I took the little bus here

Mar 27, 2009
    Your mamas house
    This is kind of related......Is it best to use DVD-R OR DVD+R
    And burn speed would have been my next question!

4. qdog82

qdog82 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    Are you sure you using DVD+R DL?
    Because DVD-R DL dont work.

5. Mantis41

Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 3, 2009
    United States
    earth
    It depends on your setup, burner and disks. I have always let imgburn burn at whatever the default speed is. Every disk seems to come out fine.

Do not force the layer break!!!! AGBX will create a .DVD file for each ISO which will tell the burner the correct layer break, they will be different for each ISO. Make sure you open imgburn from the .DVD not the .ISO file, it will give you a warning anyway. It is also a good idea to patch each ISO to SSV2 and patch in the 2.5 data for the 2.5 games. You can find all the files needed on the AGBX web site.

AGBX the disk after burning to be sure there are no corruptions.

6. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Ive always used them with 2.4x with imgburn
    never had a problem

7. 3DPiper
    OP

3DPiper GBAtemp Fan

Jun 13, 2004
    United States
    Are you sure you using DVD+R DL?
    Because DVD-R DL dont work.

Yes, I am using Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL discs

are you using img burn? if so burning at 2.4x should be fine . also go to tools , settings , write and type
    1913760 in the layer break option , thats what i use and never had one coaster.

I am using another program that burns ISO files.. Do I have to use imgburn? I think I have it on my
    computer, I didn't know it made a difference..

Do not force the layer break!!!! AGBX will create a .DVD file for each ISO which will tell the burner the correct layer break, they will be different for each ISO. Make sure you open imgburn from the .DVD not the .ISO file, it will give you a warning anyway. It is also a good idea to patch each ISO to SSV2 and patch in the 2.5 data for the 2.5 games. You can find all the files needed on the AGBX web site.
    AGBX the disk after burning to be sure there are no corruptions.

I do have AGBX, and I was told by the guy I got the XBox from to run it on each ISO.. I ran it on the ISO (Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs) and saw no errors come up. From there I burned it but the XBox wouldn't read it.

Is there a guide for download->[clean/prep/burn/whatever]->play in xbox..?

Can I play games off of a regular single layer DVD if they are small enough? Some of the older original XBox games are small, but I haven't gotten any of them to work yet either...

8. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    I've always burned them at 10x, never had a problem.

Since not a single game worked, I fear that there might be some problems with your firmware mod.

9. Mantis41

Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 3, 2009
    United States
    earth
    Get a membership from 360mods or a similar site and do some reading. There are plenty of how tos on those sites.

10. 3DPiper
    OP

3DPiper GBAtemp Fan

Jun 13, 2004
    United States
    I just ran ABGX360 on the disc I burned, and it says it has the wrong layer break..

1913744 instead of 1913760

arg

11. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    and theres the problem

those 5 discs are garbage now

just follow Mantis41 instructions, make sure you choose the .dvd file when burning