Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Goli said:
Vidboy10 said:
Infinite Zero said:
I cannot believe how some of you do not know where or what Burma is.
I think it's pretty understandable considering it's not a big country or anything.
I find much more baffling how you can't spell "their".
It had government a North Korean type government, not saying that its that bad but it had the similar type.
And also, you come from a country where English isn't your first language so don't even bother arguing with me.

cocomonk22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was Burma, then in 1989 it became the "Union of Myanmar", and now the "Republic of the Union of Myanmar". It is ruled by repressive/abusive military regime, so poor living conditions for the people there. People who don't like the government still call it Burma.

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
Vidboy10 said:
rikardo03 said:
Burma a.k.a Myanmar... i think its somewhere in the southeast Asia... am i right?
You are correct my freind.

i can't believe that they have no clue where or what burma is...
closedeyes.gif

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I know what Burma is, its Myanmar! ;D

I know its location, somewhere in Asia!

But seriously though, its a military regime so what? Get over it and let Darwanism do its job ;p

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Vidboy10 said:
Goli said:
Vidboy10 said:
Infinite Zero said:
I cannot believe how some of you do not know where or what Burma is.
I think it's pretty understandable considering it's not a big country or anything.
I find much more baffling how you can't spell "their".
It had government a North Korean type government, not saying that its that bad but it had the similar type.
And also, you come from a country where English isn't your first language so don't even bother arguing with me.

And he still speaks it better than you do.

The recent elections in Burma were just for show. Only junta-backed candidates were allowed to campaign and the main opposition party didn't even stand. A lot hinges on what happens to Aung San Suu Kyi. The junta have claimed they're going to release her, but they've said that plenty of times before and she's still been under house arrest for 14 of the last 20 years. She's very inconvenient for those in power, it would be no surprise if she had some kind of 'accident'.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Vidboy10 said:
That is of no importance. English could be my first language, maybe I haven't lived here all my life, didn't you think of that possibility? Besides, why can't I point out your mistakes if English isn't my first language? I assure you my English is much better than that of a lot of people who DO have English as their first language.
Vidboy10 said:
QUOTE(rikardo03 @ Nov 8 2010, 10:36 PM) Burma a.k.a Myanmar... i think its somewhere in the southeast Asia... am i right?
You are correct my freind.
rolleyes.gif

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Goli said:
Vidboy10 said:
That is of no importance. English could be my first language, maybe I haven't lived here all my life, didn't you think of that possibility? Besides, why can't I point out your mistakes if English isn't my first language? I assure you my English is much better than that of a lot of people who DO have English as their first language.
It is a big importance, if English isn't your first language, you don't have the right to correct me due to English being my de facto language of my country.
You never said you were an exchange student, you never said you moved to Chile, you maybe have lived there all your life.
So i would advise you to fuck off.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Vidboy10 said:
Goli said:
Vidboy10 said:
It is a big importance, if English isn't your first language, you don't have the right to correct me due to English being my de facto language of my country.
You never said you were an exchange student, you never said you moved to Chile, you maybe have lived there all your life.
So i would advise you to fuck off.
So going by your (illogical) logic anyone who hasn't got English as his/her first language can't argue or correct with someone who does?
Even though your spelling (and possibly other parts of the English orthography) sucks? Okay. I won't correct you anymore, but before that starts, I*. :>
Oh, and I'm gonna use your logic for a bit too, you lied to everyone here (and maybe other places too?) pretending to be asian and other crap so you don't have the right to tell anyone what to do.
I would advise you to fix your logic.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinite Zero said:
is this the first time a country has change their name in this century?

not at all.
For instance, Istanbul was once called Constantinople.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.