Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
SPH73 said:
fgghjjkll said:
Don't get your hopes up, though, and think that there will be another Halo game in the future.

As they've reiterated time and again as of recent memory, this is the last one for them. "But beyond that we will not be working on any more Halo -- we will be completely focused on bringing our next universe to light. From there Microsoft will take the Halo universe in the direction they see fit."

Source

This topic proves why the user submitted news section is a complete joke.

Of course they'll be more Halo, it just wont be made by Bungie. And honestly who cares? I'm pretty sure someone else could do just as good a job if not better. Halo is a pretty basic formula.

---

The Halo formula as you call it is the same formula used by every fucking shooter game available for the most part. Aside from games like Bioshock and Half Life which have actual stories, or Unreal Tournament or Counter Strike which are purely focused around massively multiplayer playing, Halo is the same mind numbing bullshit that only brainless zombies actually buy and play. People who actually buy into that kind of trash don't have any clue what a good shooter is and the developers don't know any concepts of making a good unique shooter.

Excuse me, but are you fucking retarded? There is so a fucking story and it is just as appealing as Half Life. You haven't even played Halo before thus only thing you know about it is "Halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kill alien and doesn't afraid of anything"

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Cool things down here. We're all entitled to our opinions, but that does not mean we have to go around insulting people.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What he said wasn't an opinion it was a statement written like a fact. That guy knows nothing about the storyline he doesn't know what the Flood, Reach, Covenant, or even the Halo itself is.

soulbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have any of you people who hate on Halo ever considered that maybe Halo (or FPSers in general) just aren't for you?

The real substance of these games is in the online multiplayer, which a lot of people around here don't seem to care for. The campaign comes second to the online multiplayer because that's how they get their longevity, and I see a lot of people complaining about the campaign. If you play a game like Halo or CoD only for the campaign then you're doing it wrong. Of course Halo is a game where I actuallly enjoy playing through the campaign once or twice, so I think that the campaign is rather enjoyable and the story is pretty nice, but that's just my opinion.

Another thing I see people complaining is how the games don't change heavily between iterations or even titles, or that there are too many iterations. The latter is an utterly stupid thing to complain about, so I'm not even going to address it. Unlike what a lot of you say Halo, and other FPSers of course, does change noticeably each sequel. Balancing issues are addressed, complaints and suggestions from previous games are addressed, new weapons and mechanics are added. All of this can drastically change the experience that's delivered, especially in the multiplayer, and if it is changed too much then the multiplayer can become broken, like MW2 for example. There is also a major difference between different titles. If you can honestly look at Halo and something like CoD or BF: BC2 and say they're just copies of each other with minor changes, then there's something wrong with you.

Of course there are games such as Bioshock and Left 4 Dead that stray away from the typical FPS formula, but does that mean that all FPS games should follow their lead? Of course not, there are different types of games for different types of people.

My point is that if you don't enjoy online FPS gameplay then maybe Halo, CoD or what have you isn't the game for you, but that doesn't mean it's a horrible game. I'm not too great with words so that might not have been so clear.
---------

In regards to the OP it's good to hear that Bungie will continue to support their game after release, although I fully expected them to anyway. They are great about supporting their games, unlike a certain CoD developer who most likely won't fix anything now that a lot of their members have quit, even though they really didn't do much to begin with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1