OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Just read this over on BCG's forums

"HI

Just used Trucha to remove 'Apploader.bin' from Datel FreeLoader. Then opened 'Links Crowbow training NTSC' and then using trucha removed apploader.bin (from first partition) too replace it with apploader.bin from freeloader then signed/savd

Now when disk is booted Freeloader runs as normal then i boot same disk to play game!! save swapping disk.

Enjoy"

Any one tried this out yet?

armagedalbeebop

Trophies
XP
Country
ohmy.gif
this could be interesting

mugel0190

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Interesting. But what is the advatage over VMC? The biggest pro for the freeloader is, that you don't have to modify the iso...

Nevertheless it is always good to test and try and try and test and success and error and so on
smile.gif

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
You are still modifying the iso... because you need to use Trucha to replace the file in the first place, then re-sign it before burning.

I will try it when i get home.

:-)

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
mugel0190 said:
Interesting. But what is the advatage over VMC? The biggest pro for the freeloader is, that you don't have to modify the iso...

Nevertheless it is always good to test and try and try and test and success and error and so on
smile.gif

*Don't modify ISO
*No worry of update!
*Can output to 480p properly (issues with VMC lock games like SSBB to 480i)
*Simpler solution just using 'replace' in trucha signer

josh41091

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
Tis very interesting, currently testing with Pokemon Battle Revolution, originally PAL but has been patched to NTSC for testing purposes (plus had I had a US update inserted in thanks to Wii Update Manager). Currently burning disk, will report back to see if this works. This could help with the SSBB swapping and having it built in would make life easier...

EDIT: Just tested and just as it says, replace the apploader.bin with the Datel Freeloader version and the lines come across the screen and game loads perfectly. Didnt even ask for an update. So you could have a ppf made which will patch all games with the Datel version of the apploader.bin making it region free. Obviously this would only work with modchips and im not sure about the copyrights but could be useful. I havent got a version of SSBB to test this. Probs someone could test?

junp3i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this saves disc swapping, and anything that saves time and is as easy to use as a PPF patch will be used, i mean, people flash their DS's to remove the warning screen at boot.

Also, As Trauma Center New Blood cant be opened with Trucha, a PPF would be the only way to apply this, right?

That means im-a gonna need a PPF for my trauma center iso. I'm gonna be patching my SSBB iso tomorrow, left all my dual layer discs at my parents house when i was chipping my dads wii, D'OH!

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
junp3i said:
this saves disc swapping, and anything that saves time and is as easy to use as a PPF patch will be used, i mean, people flash their DS's to remove the warning screen at boot.

Also, As Trauma Center New Blood cant be opened with Trucha, a PPF would be the only way to apply this, right?

That means im-a gonna need a PPF for my trauma center iso. I'm gonna be patching my SSBB iso tomorrow, left all my dual layer discs at my parents house when i was chipping my dads wii, D'OH!
You only need to insert freeloader ones right?

Ryankn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried this with PES2008 NTSC on PAL machine, the game does start but everything is red. Tried 50Hz and 60Hz and setting the language on English.
Edit:Seems to be the RGB cable problem.

Nekobibu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hit said:
You only need to insert freeloader ones right?

Yeah, so, Freeloader + game = 2 discs.
With this method, only one disc to insert, self-booting region-free game = yay.
wink.gif

QUOTETried this with PES2008 NTSC on PAL machine, the game does start but everything is red. Tried 50Hz and 60Hz and setting the language on English.
Sounds like the typical Freeloader problem... how old is your TV set?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo