Hacking Built In Freeloader To Games

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is this red/green problem specific to certain games only?
I'm running ntsc no more heroes on my pall wii, using a pal freeloader and the rgb cable. Picture is normal, no messed up colors.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nekobibu said:
Yeah, so, Freeloader + game = 2 discs.
With this method, only one disc to insert, self-booting region-free game = yay.
wink.gif

with this i think there needs to be a universal patch that you can apply to the isos so it's more easier.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess it's down to you if you decide that patching it each game or inserting a disk each time is easier and quicker, but if there was a patcher it would be easier.

Nekobibu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well either you do it with Trucha (still waiting for a new version, by the way...) or some good soul will release a (universal??) ppf patch, from what I understand.
But there seems to be a problem: patching with copyrighted material (bits of the Freeloader) is not legal, so... I don't think we can expect someone to post the patch, can we?

mattlouf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a very good idea, till Nintendo patch the current freeloader version via next WII firmware.
Then the DVD you burnt with these modified ISO would become coasters.

In the other hand, with un-modified ISO, you would just have to wait for next freeloader to comes out.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If i'm not mistaking, in order to make a ppf patch we need both iso : original and modified.
From the difference between the both files result the ppf.

but if we need to modify Trauma, we will have to replace and sign it with Trucha signer first anyway.

or maybe there can be a way to patch the iso like WBB does ?

dweirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
crap i missed it XDDD when i got the freeloader i had opened the iso to check if its open-able and just searched in the iso, hadn't seen anything worthy :

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Works for me with Pro Evo 2008 in 480p.

Only annoying thing is I have two slim black bars down each side of the screen :|

Anyone else get this?

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mattlouf said:
This is a very good idea, till Nintendo patch the current freeloader version via next WII firmware.
Then the DVD you burnt with these modified ISO would become coasters.

In the other hand, with un-modified ISO, you would just have to wait for next freeloader to comes out.

That is a good point, you might waste tons of DVDs if they block the Freeloader that you implement into the iso and you're writing to DVD-R/DVD+Rs

gillie

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried replacing the apploader.bin on WiiZARD's version of SSBB with the Datel FreeLoader version and can confirm it worked perfectly on my PAL Wii with D2CKey, and in 480p.
Loads FreeLoader then just continues straight on and loads SSBB. Really impressed.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Audioboxer said:

Only annoying thing is I have two slim black bars down each side of the screen :|

Anyone else get this?
that is actually normal on HDTV's with a looot of wii games.. and ps2 games.. etc
frown.gif
it's to do with overscan (or lack thereof)

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
manias said:
Audioboxer said:

Anyone else get this?
that is actually normal on HDTV's with a looot of wii games.. and ps2 games.. etc
frown.gif
it's to do with overscan (or lack thereof)

TV issue then, or game issue?

As many of my Wii games like SSBB, and No More Heroes fill the whole screen in 480p.

Infact every Wii game I own I think fills the screen in 480p minus Pro Evo.

kokiri_link

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Works fine with smash bros brawl in 480p on a pal system
biggrin.gif
, i prefer to use this to the video mode changer because the 480p this provides, looks crisper to me in comparison. I dont think that the video mode changer actually makes games display in 480p, just tells the wii it is IMO :/ If that makes sense.

Anybody have the original, unedited nmh NSTC main.dol file? I only have the edited one.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Question: At the moment I'm using the swap trick, (DVD5 -> DVD9) as I forgot to patch the DVD9. (This is Brawl) I don't have access to a DL burner right now, so if I burnt another DVD5 with the apploader.bin file from FreeLoader, would it do 480P? *fingers crossed* Oh, and is there a way to undo the changes made with TruchaSigner and the Video Mode Changer? I think I deleted the original file.
tongue.gif
(If not, anyone able to give me the original 'main.dol'?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat