Gaming Buggy games!

Little

I r Little
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So... we're all familiar with the BSOD on a PC.... but what about on our NDS??

Have you found any buggy buggy games?

The inspiration for this post was "Zenses rainforest"...... this game has crashed on me twice.

Once was one of the first times I played... it went to some weird thing where the top screen was some kind of debugging mode and I could basically scroll through a list of files, and when I selected one it started one of the games.... very bizarre! Then last night... was playing, had a massive high score on the stacking one... and BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP, completely locked up along with high pitched screeching... highscore completely lost!!!

So, any similar experiences?

abc2390986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Super Mario 64 DS, there're bunch of bugs when you play as Wario. Then you can also accsee the "debug" screen.(by pressing some buttons but sorry i forget the sequence)

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trackmania's bugs are infuriating because they aren't consistent. Sometimes you'll fall through the track all together, and other times you'll sink into the track just enough to lose your speed. The desert vehicle seems to be the worst offender.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
abc2390986 said:
Super Mario 64 DS, there're bunch of bugs when you play as Wario. Then you can also accsee the "debug" screen.(by pressing some buttons but sorry i forget the sequence)
I think its L+R+Left+A, release all, Down+B, release all then Select+Start when the game is frozen

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the buggiest game I've played through was Bros. In Arms. You'd get stuck in boxes often, or run into walls and just all sorts of other collision-detection issues. Still had a blast with the game, somehow.

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
The buggiest game was definitely the Lego Star Wars II for the NDS. That game is full of glitchy stages, poor AI, and what not, that you have to cheat in order to pass a certain stage because the AI would keep falling into a chasm repeatedly. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga did much to rectify this hair-brained mistake of a game.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sendoh said:
The buggiest game was definitely the Lego Star Wars II for the NDS. That game is full of glitchy stages, poor AI, and what not, that you have to cheat in order to pass a certain stage because the AI would keep falling into a chasm repeatedly. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga did much to rectify this hair-brained mistake of a game.
Lego Star Wars 2 felt like a beta version
wtf.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sendoh said:
Yeah. It was so bad that the developers had to apologise about it.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Lanfeust of Troy was a buggy piece of crap.

Jesus, I had forgotten all about that horrible, horrible game. Who the fuck puts the horizon line in the gap between the screens? I'll tell you who. The French.

Rashid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Out of all the ones I've played, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin seems like the buggiest one to me. The game freezes either randomly, or when using a certain weapon or when a certain sound is made. There's also this glitch in the cutscene with Death, as in if you skip it you can't beat the game unless you abuse another glitch, which lets you go through walls by continuously suspending and loading your save.

That seems pretty glitchy to me. =P

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rashid said:
Out of all the ones I've played, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin seems like the buggiest one to me. The game freezes either randomly, or when using a certain weapon or when a certain sound is made. There's also this glitch in the cutscene with Death, as in if you skip it you can't beat the game unless you abuse another glitch, which lets you go through walls by continuously suspending and loading your save.

That only applies when you're playing a backup (Except the freeze bug when you skip the death speech). Therefore shouldn't really be included in this list. (There's the money bug in the US version too).

bumjeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Shabadage said:
Rashid said:

That only applies when you're playing a backup (Except the freeze bug when you skip the death speech). Therefore shouldn't really be included in this list. (There's the money bug in the US version too).

There have been reports of freezing even with a legit copy.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll mention that before I got into DS piracy, I owned a legit new copy of Final Fantasy 3 and the save data erased itself. A message appeared at startup one day and said the save was corrupted and wiped it clean. I was so angry because I just beat the final boss and was attempting to uncover the secrets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass