BSOD

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by livetorise, Nov 15, 2016.

1. livetorise
    OP

livetorise Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2013
    Afghanistan
    Hey guys, recently I was in the middle of playing a game.

I put my n3ds into sleep mode, left it. And I think my daughter may have grabbed it and potentially hit some buttons or some shit. Not 100% sure.

But basically I flipped it open, and BSOD.

I had installed, Lumas CFW, and had NTR CFW as well as all the other stuff from doing the safe9hl thing as well.

But booting while holding select did nothing. Booting holding Dpad right to get into gateway did nothing either. Tried booting the 3ds into safemode or w/e it's called. Same thing nothing. Tried letting it boot normally, nothing either.Also tried booting into hourglass............ nothing either.

:/

So basically I made a backup of the sd card, then tried putting on some older files which I had a backed up at a earlier point of my 3ds exploits... same thing won't boot.

Now I restored the files, but I was looking at the files and there modified dates/times to see if one of the files were updated/changed or anything like that.

The latest file I saw was a NAND.bin on the root of the SD card which was modified/created 11/14/2016. Yesterday which was the day that shit broke. So potentially the 2 are linked?

Anyways, I'm going to power on my 3ds and leave it as is and see if it loads into anything. Hopefully someone may have some insight as to why this has occurred.

2. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Could you take a photo of the BSOD on the screens?

3. MarcusD

MarcusD ソノちゃん❤\xF0\x9F\x8D\xBC

Oct 16, 2015
    Austria
    /Users/Sono/
    What is the size of that NAND.bin? I have a feeling that a malformed NAND.bin got restored, and because the FIRM partitions got corrupted, it can't boot, thus it should display blue BOOTROM screen.

4. PaiiNSteven

PaiiNSteven Newbie

Thats the bootrom screen, you're bricked. You'll need a hardmod to reinstall the NAND.

5. Salamencizer

Salamencizer Handsome Computer Nerd

Oct 3, 2015
    India
    Below
    No doubt.

6. livetorise
    OP

livetorise Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2013
    Afghanistan
    Both screens are perma black as soon as I power on.

Also the NAND.bin file is exactly 1,300,234,240 bytes... doesnt seem right to me...

7. chaser

chaser Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2005
    That is a valid NAND size for the N3DS:

https://plailect.github.io/Guide/nand-size

Looks like you should be able to recover with a hardmod.

8. livetorise
    OP

livetorise Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2013
    Afghanistan
    yay hardmod time sigh lol

9. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    BTW, BSOD would refer to the blue bootrom screens, not black screens (blue is always bad, black only sometimes bad).

SomeGamer and LinkSoraZelda like this.