BSOD

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by prowler, Apr 2, 2010.

BSOD

by prowler Apr 2, 2010 at 11:29 AM 1,201 Views 7 replies
  1. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    My computer has been restarting by itself recently (more or less around the time when my router get's unplugged)
    I just disabled the option for it to auto-restart upon error so now I'm going to test it after I post this thread, if a BSOD appears I'll post photos, etc.
    This is the error message I get when it auto-restarts (Posting just in case it helps)
    [​IMG]

I also get this every time I start my computer
    [​IMG]
    Not sure if related.
    I have no idea what is causing this [​IMG] I scanned my computer yesterday just in case and it only came up with one infected file, then Avast deleted it.

Any help is appreciated [​IMG]

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    A quick google search tells me that aegise5.dll is related to Broadcom WiFi.

My initial guess would be that some error happens when you lose your connection and it mishandles the error. If this is the case, you could either reinstall the Broadcom WiFi application (Bcmwltry.exe) and keep it up-to-date, or uninstall it completely (either from Add/Remove Programs or run -> "msconfig" then deselecting the relevant threads) and use the Windows drivers to handle your WiFi from now on.

3. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    Ah, it must of been when I was turning my Nintendo Wi-Fi stick into a Soft AP.
    I'll try uninstalling the drivers and software (since I don't really need it anyway).

4. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    Sorry for bump [​IMG]

But I just got a BSOD now, took a picture
    [​IMG]

Help D:

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    C:\Windows\Minidump\

Find the most recent .dmp file in there, and put it on mediafire or something for us.

6. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jvnt2gmmtmj

7. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    Could also try looking in the Event Viewer logs (run -> eventvwr.exe) . Take a look through the application and system sections for any errors that occured around the time of the crash (they're inside the Windows Logs section on Win7). Errors are usually marked with a red cross icon.

8. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

I've sent him in the directioon of a hotfix that contains a more recent version of that file.