.brres repacker or format?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by frubam, Jun 26, 2010.

Jun 26, 2010

.brres repacker or format? by frubam at 1:06 AM (1,009 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. frubam
    OP

Newcomer frubam Member

United States
    I've been looking for a brres repacker for a while, and I have yet to see one, could someone point me as to where to find one? If there isn't one available, I wouldn't mind simply hex editing it myself, but I don't know the header format. Well, i TRIED to figure it out myself, but it's not quite right, so i do know some of the header, just not all.

2. frubam
    OP

Newcomer frubam Member

United States
    Or if you could point me somewhere where I can read about the format, I'd greatly appreciate it.

3. cwstjdenobs

Member cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

United Kingdom
    Apparently SZS Modifier can handle them but I can't vouch for it.

4. frubam
    OP

Newcomer frubam Member

United States
    For some reason, that program doesn't let me add anything because it says the model is "too big". That's why I wanted to manually hex edit the header so that my model can fit in its entirety with no problems.

5. conanac

Member conanac Be an Angel

United States
    I did a little bit work on the .brres file at one time (following some available information from other people as well), and provide the information in two of my blogs at another site:

1st blog

and the link to a simple implementation using c language

2nd blog

Not sure whether this is all you want, or perhaps you have already seen or known this.