Homebrew [Browserhax] idea about delaying update nag

loco365

Trophies
XP
Is there such thing as a cheap copy of cubic ninja?
I'd look in used game stores that aren't chains, such as pawn shops or local stores. I was fortunate enough to snag a copy of CN from EB Games just as the demand for it began to increase, but I have seen it around town for decent prices.

chainsol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perma brick?
No, but it's past a soft brick, it was not bootable. I have 10.5 and am installing a hard mod now.

To stay on topic here: What I've learned is that there is a flaw with the N3ds browser that for some reason loads a page without waiting for the response back from Nintendo's server. I think it requires the DNS to block Nintendo's servers - but I'm not sure. I'll do more testing when I have the hard mod complete.

Last edited by chainsol,

Minasodrom

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, but it's past a soft brick, it was not bootable. I have 10.5 and am installing a hard mod now.

To stay on topic here: What I've learned is that there is a flaw with the N3ds browser that for some reason loads a page without waiting for the response back from Nintendo's server. I think it requires the DNS to block Nintendo's servers - but I'm not sure. I'll do more testing when I have the hard mod complete.

when you block DNS server when update nag already downloaded, the browser just closes and gives network environment error. you just have to load it very fast after booting.
on o3ds it works by using tubehax dns, opening browser (this will make browser close with the error), and after disabling wireless, removing tubehax dns, shut down and use same method as n3ds.

has worked for my o3ds and 2ds without fail, really weird.

Saifer28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when you block DNS server when update nag already downloaded, the browser just closes and gives network environment error. you just have to load it very fast after booting.
on o3ds it works by using tubehax dns, opening browser (this will make browser close with the error), and after disabling wireless, removing tubehax dns, shut down and use same method as n3ds.

has worked for my o3ds and 2ds without fail, really weird.

i commend you sir. I tried this method and it works on my 10.3 US old 3ds. but as i do this method on my friends unit (o3ds 10.1) the one that appears is the update nag instead of the network environment error when i reboot.

Saifer28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i commend you sir. I tried this method and it works on my 10.3 US old 3ds. but as i do this method on my friends unit (o3ds 10.1) the one that appears is the update nag instead of the network environment error when i reboot.

what i did was.
Unit: O3ds XL 10.1.027U

open web browser with Tubehax DNS. (it will show the network environment error, browser will close and go back to home menu)
remove the tubehax DNS, change it to auto obtain. then reboot. then when it turns on, i open the browser immediately. now the update nag appears.

i guess i should i keep trying.

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
what i did was.
Unit: O3ds XL 10.1.027U

open web browser with Tubehax DNS. (it will show the network environment error, browser will close and go back to home menu)
remove the tubehax DNS, change it to auto obtain. then reboot. then when it turns on, i open the browser immediately. now the update nag appears.

i guess i should i keep trying.

I have a 9.9.0-26U 2DS, I can do it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto