browserhax exploit for ipatched switches?!

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by P3T3, Feb 17, 2019.

1. P3T3
    OP

P3T3 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Did it ever get realised? Just looking at my patched unit but all I’m finding is will be realised but nothing more.

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you're talking about the ability to launch CFW, you can't do that on patched Switch systems for the time being. If I were you, I'd sell my Switch and get an unpatched one.

3. P3T3
    OP

P3T3 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    :)
    Fully aware, I have an hacked switch and brand-new patched unit! I was told there was a type of browser hacks coming for patched units, my understanding was more for advanced users to play with(no cfw, just hb if and where poss).

kountzero likes this.
  4. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Correct. More specifically Browser Hax and nvhax, browser hax is already pushed and we’re currently for nvhax to get pushed. It’ll probably be pushed sometime this month or next month and will allow for basic homebrew stuff

edit: and it’ll work on 4.0.0-6.0.1 (and maybe earlier?)

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Feb 19, 2019
  5. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    United States
    Everything starts in a basic homebrew stuff, so I have my hopes high :)

6. _hexkyz_

_hexkyz_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2018
    United States
    Yes, browserhax has been merged in PegaSwitch (https://github.com/reswitched/pegaswitch) for a while. However, people on 5.0.0 reported issues which I'm currently investigating. Once that's solved I can finally start pushing nvhax.

wicksand420, P3T3 and ZachyCatGames like this.
  7. P3T3
    OP

P3T3 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thank you, my patched unit in on 4.1 and have not even tried to connect to internet utill I could run something, will try pegaswitch asap.

8. fingolin

fingolin Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    United States
    And the rest will be release when it's patched in newer firm or after new switch version is on? What of the chain is patched up to now?

9. MicShadow

MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2008
    Hi Hexkyz, are the issues related to launching the exploit or the behaviour of the chain once run?

I noticed on my switch I can't launch browserhax due to the 'supernag', is there a known way to get around this?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted