Broken New 2DS XL top screen

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by BlackwingAngelx, Oct 7, 2017.

1. BlackwingAngelx
    OP

BlackwingAngelx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2013
    United States
    So somehow my son managed to break the top screen of his brand new system. The entire screen has lines going through it and a rough white patch covering the upper right corner. Clearly unfixable. I tried searching online for a replacement screen, but all I see are for the 3DS or the old 2DS. It doesn't seem like the New 2DS XL has screens available yet being so new.

So this begs the question, what are my options? Sending it back to Nintendo for repair? I'm fine with that, but I don't think they'd appreciate my CFW though haha. If I do send it in, what do I do to make it seem like I haven't tampered with it? And if I do get rid of it, is it easy to get back? I had to use an old 2DS to get Luma on this model, but that system is long tone.

Is there a better way?

2. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    If you can navigate GM9 with those massive visual obscurities, getting rid of CFW is pretty easy. All you have to do is load GM9 and excecute a certain script. you will be required to enter an unlock pattern

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  3. tedmg091309131

tedmg091309131 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If you use a ntrboot compatible flashcard you can reinstall cfw on any firmware.

TurdPooCharger and SirNapkin1334 like this.
  4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Remove the battery.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Nintendo pulled an Apple with the N2DSXL top screen. It's glued to the bezel frame making it impractical to gut dead N2DSXL's with intact top screens unless it is the whole top assembly. If aftermarket LCD manufacturers do end up making replacement top lcds, you'll need this, too. If you cannot navigate by top screen, would you like to have the button combo order to restore stock firmware?
    [​IMG]

5. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    The button combos show on the bottom screen by default. Unless you compiled yours with SWITCH_SCREENS=1.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  6. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Remove the battery.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I meant the button combo and order to press if he needed to navigate to the .gm9 file through his SD card. However, that's not necessary as the scripts option is available with the home button, and it shows at the bottom screen. All the more easy.

SirNapkin1334 likes this.
  7. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    Yes. HOME -> Scripts... -> Uninstall_hax_retail_NEW -> enter unlock combo -> Done.