Status
Not open for further replies.

bestperson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized that my cyclods evolution is broken. At first I thought it was my DS and not the cyclods, but after trying out some real game cartridges and they work perfectly I'm pretty sure it is the cyclods.

My dogs knocked it off the table as it was charging and it slammed into the wall so it is my fault that it broke.

what happens is it takes about 20 restarts to even get the ds to recognize that the cyclods is in slot 1 and then when it does recognize you can boot into a room and it will play like everything is normal and then in the middle of the game it will just freeze.

I was just wondering if there is anyway to fix this or if I should just order a new one.

thanks for all the help.

bestperson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the paper trick works. thanks for the help.

i have had this card for a year now. is it still under any sort of warranty?

bestperson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm an idiot.

I did the paper trick, but I guess I added to much paper or the paper or tape covered that notch on the cartridge that ds latches onto with the spring or something, but I now have he cyclods stuck in the ds. it's not as big deal as it sounds because I am still able to get the micro sd card in and out of the cyclods which I guess is all that matters, but it would still be nice to get the cyclods out if it is possible.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

I tried to open the case up, but then I realized that one of the screws that has to come out to get the case open is behind the cyclods.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*facepalm*

Well, did the cyclods works now?

Yes, you are an idiot, I'm sorry to say.
tongue.gif

Can you post a picture of the jammed cyclods? So I can see you might be able to use thin long tweezer or a needle to pull out paper piece by piece... Might be a long task but you might get there in the end.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's surprisingly easy to do :|

First you need to (as you probably realise) push it in, to release the clip (like ejecting a normal cartridge) then try using a needle or screwdriver to lever out the paper, and with any luck the card will come with it. Once it has come out a little bit you should be able to pull it out yourself or use pliers to help it the rest of the way (but don't damage the card!)

Shryquill

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
bestperson said:
I just realized that my cyclods evolution is broken. At first I thought it was my DS and not the cyclods, but after trying out some real game cartridges and they work perfectly I'm pretty sure it is the cyclods.

My dogs knocked it off the table as it was charging and it slammed into the wall so it is my fault that it broke.

what happens is it takes about 20 restarts to even get the ds to recognize that the cyclods is in slot 1 and then when it does recognize you can boot into a room and it will play like everything is normal and then in the middle of the game it will just freeze.

I was just wondering if there is anyway to fix this or if I should just order a new one.

thanks for all the help.
omg i have the same problem , im gona go try this nifty 'paper trick'

Shryquill

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Shryquill said:
bestperson said:

thanks for all the help.

it seems to work : )

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shryquill said:
Shryquill said:
bestperson said:

thanks for all the help.

it seems to work : )
Don't double post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8