androgynus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello people,

So as stated here i got a broken 3DSXL here that doesnt boot. It flash on the bottom screen and then there is the "pop" sound (which i assume that would mean that something with bottom screen is faulty from what i found). I decided to open it and i founded this:
IMG_20160330_211016.jpg IMG_20160330_211211.jpg
The ribbon shown in the 2nd picture is the one used for the touch screen,and on the first i found that brown liquid that doesnt seems to be leaked from the battery(If you look carefully on the image, there is a bit on the board at the right of the picture, and at the middle under a resistor).

I am not sure how to proceed here so any help is accepted. Objective is to make this thingy play again.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like some kind of liquid got inside the console at some point and formed a sticky residue. The ribbon cable for the LCD looks like it could be corroded, which would be bad. Try cleaning both the ribbon cable and its connector with isopropyl alcohol. That will usually dissolve dirt.

androgynus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive tried the isopropyl alcohol trick but doesnt seems to work out. Or maybe should i just let it in for a moment then see if something change ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: