Hacking Broked the slot 1 holder, I think.

maor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Well this is just great, A whole week with the DS and still expirencing problems :\
Anyway, Yeah I think my ds slot 1 holder broked.
When I put in my flash cart it tends to crash and stop, When I try to find out what happens I noticed I can easily remove the slot 1 card by sliding it.
Exactly, While the card is in, It slides out easily :\
My question is:
Is there anyway to fix this on the surface, Without sending my ds to repair or replacement?

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So your cart is not clicking (locking)into place? Have you tried pushing on just one side of the cart to get it to "click" in?
Might be a problem with your spring which you can check after removing the back of the case.
Otherwise it sounds like your slot 1 adapter is stuffed!
Deal Extreme sells a replacement slot 1 part which works fine but is very difficult to install successfully.
You need to have experience in soldering, and more importantly, desoldering fine components.

maor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Ugh, You can hear the "click" its just that there is something that hold the card in place that doesn't work.
I tried pushing on one side but it also doesn't work
After you click it simply slides off
Let me show you what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDnUnFuhJGU
I kinda failed at shooting this but in the last part about 1:05 to the end you see that I'm sliding the card in and clicking it and it pops out, I slided it in while it was in "lock position"

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now I see what you mean.

Hold your ds facing upwards and look into the back of your slot 1. (Use a torch if you can't see clearly)
Just inside on the left hand side you should see a small metal tab. This is what normally keeps your cart from coming out.
It should feel a bit "springy" and normally presses against the side of the cart to help hold it in place.

If it is not springy or otherwise damaged somehow, it probably wouldn't put enough pressure on the cart to hold it in.

Btw, I tried to remove my own cart while it was clicked into place and it did slide out fairly easily, but you can feel the initial reistance from the spring tab.

You could try to wedge some paper around the cart to hold it in place as a tempory solution or just replace Slot 1, but as I mentioned earlier, this is not a very easy job. (Any soldering experience?)

maor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I have minor soldering experiance, Not enougth for small compoments.
I am currently using a paper wedge to fix it :\

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have replaced a few slot 1's - with a new slot 1 it is not that hard, try to reuse one off an old board - now that is bad news. If you have a small soldering iron and a de solder pump fairly straight forward.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just like subway they lie about length +1