Hacking Broke my NDS

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was trying to install a DS Case, I opened the back unclicked those ribbon cables
But Actually I didn´t dare to go any further so I put everything back nicely and... I get a white screen and it goes off
Then I tried all kinds of things and now It stayed on and I could hear the DS bootup Sound
But then nothing
So I try it again and another time and then I just stopped working at all
When I plug a power cable it show orange led 2secs and goes off

Does anybody know how badly I messed this up
And Is there actually anybody that maybe wants to buy my broken ds + SCDS1 and Supercard MINISD(If I can't fix it)

Aznhiga13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just realllly make sure that ribbon cable is in correctly. I ran into a few problems with my install too. I had to keep opening up the case, making sure things are tight, nothings unplugged or loose. If you have already checked everything and it still doesnt work, then i'm not too sure what the problem could be.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Yup, its definatly the ribbon cable not plugged in properly. I had this last time i had mine open, make sure you give the cable a good push, you should feel when its in properly, make sure its straight and that you put the clip down once its in right.

The resistance needs to be specific across a couple of the pins that connect to the cable, if not, the ds will switch itself off.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the bottom screen flashes, then it turns off, it means the top screen is not connected (properly) so just make sure you push the ribbon cable in all the way, and you flip back the black clip. (I wouldn't keep flipping back and forth though, so make sure you want it connected). If this doesn't work then there may be a chance that the cable has fractured (look for hairline cracks) in which case you can either sell it, or buy a new top screen.

P.S. You might find it easier with someone to help hold the DS while you attach the cable, there isn't much slack to push it in by.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You said you didn't finish changing the case, so did you not open up the top screen?

When you are trying to turn it on, is the black clip on the ribbon cable down, is the case back on, and is the battery firmly in position.

Also, you could try taking a photo.

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Joey90 said:
You said you didn't finish changing the case, so did you not open up the top screen?

When you are trying to turn it on, is the black clip on the ribbon cable down, is the case back on, and is the battery firmly in position.

Also, you could try taking a photo.
No but I toke off all ribbon cables an actually the black clip broke off after a view trials(very bad quality), but it didn't work before already

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Joey90 said:
You took off ALL ribbon cables? Even for the bottom screen?

Which screens flash when you turn it on?
None anymore, but the bottom one used to flash

Koekje

Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I smell a broken DS.
frown.gif

Bycrosser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a similar problem. The ribbon cable of the top screen is broken. I tried to turn on the DS. The green led lights, the bottom screen flashes and then the console turns off. Installing a new top screen (to replace the cable) should solve this?

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bycrosser said:
I have a similar problem. The ribbon cable of the top screen is broken. I tried to turn on the DS. The green led lights, the bottom screen flashes and then the console turns off. Installing a new top screen (to replace the cable) should solve this?
That should solve it, you just need to be very careful when installing the new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol