Hacking Broke my EmuNAND by trying to restore the H&S App

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll go on a chat with someone, he'll say that I need to do a transfer which is not what I want to do. He'll ask for both console's serial number, which I don't have. The problem is that, from Nintendo's side, the only way possible to unlink an NNID is to do a transfer (which is not what I want)...

edit : Or format the system using Nintendo's tool. Which I apparently can't do anymore

Last edited by natinusala,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll go on a chat with someone, he'll say that I need to do a transfer which is not what I want to do. He'll ask for both console's serial number, which I don't have. The problem is that, from Nintendo's side, the only way possible to unlink an NNID is to do a transfer (which is not what I wt reant)...

edit : Or format the system using Nintendo's tool. Which I apparently can't do anymore
Sorry to hear dude, at this point I would probably just set up A9LH and use FreeShop to get all my stuff back...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, looks like Nintendo ain't gonna unlink it anytime soon.
Have you tried making a new emuNAND and logging in to your NNID (Back up your old one first)? It just might work, the NNID is linked to the console and not that specific emuNAND, although it might fail the server side check as it's already signed in.
Alternatively, you can dump your nnidsave.bin (along with any saves you want to keep, your friend list, installed tickets etc) with Decrypt9/GodMode9. It should be possible to recover almost all data on your emuNAND and inject it into a new one.

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What is FreeShop exactly ? It says that it allows me to download games which I own (for which I have the titlekey). What does that mean ?

HOWEVER I found a backup of my 3DS's 9.2 SysNAND, that I made BEFORE creating the EmuNAND and unlinking them by formatting SysNAND. This backup is basically my EmuNAND before it was created, and it must contain my NNID, right ?

Would that be possible to :
  • Restore my EmuNAND by using this backup
  • Make a system format to unlink the NNID
  • System format the SysNAND because why not
  • Discard the EmuNAND, install everything and relink my NNID onto my fresh Luma3DS

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is FreeShop exactly ? It says that it allows me to download games which I own (for which I have the titlekey). What does that mean ?

HOWEVER I found a backup of my 3DS's 9.2 SysNAND, that I made BEFORE creating the EmuNAND and unlinking them by formatting SysNAND. This backup is basically my EmuNAND before it was created, and it must contain my NNID, right ?

Would that be possible to :
  • Restore my EmuNAND by using this backup
  • Make a system format to unlink the NNID
  • System format the SysNAND because why not
  • Discard the EmuNAND, install everything and relink my NNID onto my fresh Luma3DS
FreeShop allows you to download games from Nintendo's servers, except for free. Usually I don't condone piracy, but you already bought the games so it can't be too bad right? Now, regarding your EmuNAND, have you downloaded anything since that backup?

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't care about this, I just want to access my EmuNAND and format it to unlink the NNID (this is doable, right ?)

Does FreeShop really work like a "fake" Android app store ? I see that I need title keys and found a website on which I can download a file called encTitleKeys.bin. it seems to contain a lot of games, should I give it to FreeShop ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Holy guacamole it worked :D My EmuNAND is working <3 I just have to unlink the NNID from it. Or just move it to the Luma3DS by following the guide ? I would like to start everything over on a new SD card.

How can I unlink the NNID so that I can link it to my new Luma3DS once it has been installed ? Will just going to System Parameters and do a System Format work ?

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care about this, I just want to access my EmuNAND and format it to unlink the NNID (this is doable, right ?)

Does FreeShop really work like a "fake" Android app store ? I see that I need title keys and found a website on which I can download a file called encTitleKeys.bin. it seems to contain a lot of games, should I give it to FreeShop ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Holy guacamole it worked :D My EmuNAND is working <3 I just have to unlink the NNID from it. Or just move it to the Luma3DS by following the guide ? I would like to start everything over on a new SD card.

How can I unlink the NNID so that I can link it to my new Luma3DS once it has been installed ? Will just going to System Parameters and do a System Format work ?

You just have to move it to Luma3DS, even though it's recommended to use SysNAND with A9LH because you practically can't brick. You would simply have to flash the EmuNAND backup to SysNAND using Decrypt9/Hourglass9, just make sure to choose the "Keep A9LH" option...

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I will be running low on SD card space, I won't be able to install everything needed to install A9 and Luma3DS.

I bought a new one which is bigger, I can move everything including the EmuNAND partition to it but I have a feeling that just formatting the EmuNAND to unlink the NNID and installing Luma from scratch will be way more simple.

The result will be the same and I won't need to bother recovering my EmuNAND... which is now outdated and doesn't contain any save so I don't really care about it anymore.

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, I did just that and it worked. I now have a nice Luma3DS SysNAND with my NNID. Thanks everyone for all the help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work