Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Welcome to Rokkenji--GBAtemp!
beatrice08_unasuvas.png

This here is a wondrous review for the brilliant game BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. Calamity Trigger was released only recently, but it feels like it's been around for years. To get your hands on this game may be a little difficult--it had a rather limited release because it's expected sales weren't too high. This game was made for a niche market, and most people can't handle fast-paced games like BlazBlue. Onto the actual review!

Graphics
Calamity Trigger is a great step up from Continuum Shift. The old BBCS was a bit unpolished in that most of the backgrounds looked exactly the same--grey backdrops. Faded, burnt in health gauges could be seen, along with the images of two characters, Noel and Ragna. Definitely unappealing. However, Calamity Trigger brings rich, 3D backgrounds to the playing field. Even if they don't actually affect gameplay, we're all sure you don't want your eyes to go sore from looking for something to look at, right?

The characters themselves are all beautifully hand drawn and animated at fourty-seven frames per second. Knowing this, you can see and count the frames as they move on the screen to properly calculate your next action.

The graphics bring back a nostalgic feeling as you play, because you almost never see these kinds of graphics in any game.

beatrice50_unasuvas.png

I GIVE THESE GRAPHICS A 5/5

Sound
BlazBlue has some of the best music that has ever come from a Japanese game. Unlike the horrible orchestrated trash you hear from most Japanese RPGs, BlazBlue is filled with fun sounds across many genres and time periods. The harpsichords and guitar riffs give me a hearing boner. Obviously, these songs were written by a musical genius like Nobou Uematsu.

beatrice50_unasuvas.png

I GIVE THE SOUND A 5/5

Gameplay
BlazBlue plays like any other game. Characters move across a plane, and users input commands with a directional pad and four buttons. BlazBlue also has an "Easy Configuration" that allows users to play without having to input quick movements. This allows for inexperienced players to play through the game with less difficulty than if they were forced to use the default controls.

Although BlazBlue aims to be a perfect game, it is rather unbalanced. It's great that they removed those two horribly cheap characters Tsubaki and Hazama from this new revision. Hazama's hookshot was horribly cheap and Tsubaki was too easy to combo with. Now, Carl was given an almost infinite combo, and Rachel is much easier to use. And thank God they made Hakumen weaker. He was much too overpowered! At last, a match against Hakumen is fair. Unfortunately, this is not enough to make the perfect game. Jin's moves are far too underpowered to be used as a main character, and Noel has a gun, automatically giving her an advantage that cannot be beaten.

beatrice42_unasuvas.png

I GIVE THIS GAMEPLAY A 3/5

Bottom Line
BlazBlue is simply put, the best FPS our generation has seen. If you can, I advise you buy it as soon as you can.

Until next time, stay gold, GBAtemp!
beatrice52_unasuvas.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.