Bricked :(

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ValTroX, Jul 23, 2013.

1. ValTroX
    OP

ValTroX Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2010
    Hey all,
    Recently my Wii got bricked and I have a couple of problems:
    1) It won't accept my Nand backup

2) I don't know my wii's current version

3) I can run HBC, but when I load WAD manager, I can't use my GC controller and my wii's controller is not sync :/. Another problem is that the only wad manager that seems to work is 1.7, which I haven't been able to find with a GC controller support.

Now, Can anyone tell me a way to get my wii's version through HBC?

Any suggestions on how to fix my wii are appreciated.

2. mauifrog

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    When you load HBC, try to load a wii game loader (usb/disc)
    Does the game load?
    Try to load priiloader, turn the wii off, then hold reset and power on the wii, keep holding reset until it loads.
    If priiloader loads, try loading Nintendo channels like news, photo, shop, wiiware/vc from the channel loader. You can sync your wiimote there.
    Does priiloader load Nintendo channels?
    If you don't have priiloader, install it from HBC to test.

If you can not load wii games, If you can not load wii channels, If you can not load wiiware/vc titles, you can not sync your wiimote. This suggests that you possibly have a bad bt module or mainboard issue affecting the bt module. If bt module is bad the system menu will not load, wii games will not load, nintendo channels will not load, wiiware/vc tiles will not load. If this is you, try replacing your bt module.

Running syscheck from hbc should give you all system info, but it is not likely to help your issue. Wiimode support gc controller, you can install wads with that.
    Note- if you reinstall the system menu, priiloader will be removed and must be reinstalled prior to system reboot. If you fail to do this, you will lose priiloader and possibly any utility of your wii without a functioning system menu.

3. ValTroX
    OP

ValTroX Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2010
    Nope, can't load games or channels. Also, the disc drive does a weird sound when the wii turns on. This started happening after i tried installing DiosMios, if it's any help.

Edit: HBC doesn't tel me the version my wii's in. Also I can't find this "wiimode" application
    Edit2: Sorry, I didn't get the syscheck part, installing now to test
    Edit3: Running syscheck fails on IOS60

4. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2009
    United States
  5. ValTroX
    OP

ValTroX Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2010
    It still says "Failed to get the stored TMD for IOS60" on SysCheck

Edit: WiiMod told me the version, it says 4.1u on IOS60.
    Question, do you guys recommend that I install a clean 4.1u? Do yo think it will fix my problem?

Edit2: Also, I can't see the bootmii or the priiloader menus without component cables, I can see the hbc though, so is there a problem with my video plugin or something?

6. mauifrog

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    I would try replacing the bt module.

7. ValTroX
    OP

ValTroX Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2010
    bt module is a physical thing or is it a program thing?

8. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
  9. ValTroX
    OP

ValTroX Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2010
    What can cause the BT Module to get damaged? The wii stopped working after I istalled diosmios(which didn't work and didn't let me use the disc channel) and then I did a NAND backup and it just broke.

10. ValTroX
    OP

ValTroX Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2010
    Bump

11. ValTroX
    OP

ValTroX Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2010
    Bump

12. person66

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Seeing as the syscheck fails on IOS60, and System menu 4.1 uses 60, there could be a problem there (maybe), so if you want you can try installing a clean 4.1. You can do this in Wii Mod. First you are going to want to re-install IOS 60, so go to the IOS option, go to 60, and hit A. Now choose install, select version 6174, and install it. Once that is done you can re-install the system menu. To do this, just go to the system menu option, choose 4.1, and set the version and required IOS options to "no", install from NUS, and then hit A and install it.

This may not solve anything. It does sound like there is a problem with your BT module, so don't get your hopes up. Good luck!

13. ValTroX
    OP

ValTroX Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2010
    Ok, I just installed a fresh IOS60 and then the same error came up on IOS248, which I also installed. The Press A button screen(the one that loads the menu) appeared, so I could sync the controller(I guess this takes out the bt module theory) but the menu didn't load. Any more ideas guys, you think that installing a fresh system menu will fix my wii?

Edit: The press A screen is the wii's start screen, it came up after I rebooted, of course

Edit2: I still can't load USB loaders, I loaded gecko, and project M though it :)

14. person66

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    At least you can get to the press A screen. You should probably try re-installing the system menu too, using the instructions in my post, see if that gets you anywhere. As far as the error coming up with IOS 248, you could just remove that IOS entirely, its just a cios, you can re-install an updated version if/when you get everything working again. Same with any IOSs higher than that.

15. Jesse Gilgemijn

Jesse Gilgemijn Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2013
    Belgium
    Ledegem, Belgium
    Never install Ioses only when its needed, they could get your wii bricked =/

I installed a ios just to use wad manager and Priiloader (BTW, Did u got priiloader?)

16. ValTroX
    OP

ValTroX Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2010
    OK, I installed the fresh system menu, but does this remove my bootmii? I'm scared to leave wiimod because of this >.< if so, how can I intall bootmii as boot2 and HBC again, so in case that this doesn't work, at least I have a way to come back to the HBC?

And Jesse, yes, I do have priiloader, but I can't see it's screen without component cables, and I don't have those now >.<

Edit: I finally felt brave and exit to the main menu, it still doesn't load after the 4.1u install

17. person66

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Shame... No if you installed system menu from Wii mod your bootmii remains untouched. I didn't realise you had bootmii (although I guess that makes sense, how else would you be getting to the hbc). Before you do anything more, you should probably make a nand backup using it.

You dont happen to have any backups from before your Wii went south do you?

18. ValTroX
    OP

ValTroX Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2010
    I think the NAND backup is what messed it up...cause I do have one and it broke right after I used it :/

Edit, I'm thinking of removing the IOS 248 just in case.

19. person66

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    With you having bootmii as boot2 you could always just try to start from scratch and make a clean NAND with ohneschwanzenegger. If you do want to do this, make sure to make a backup of your current NAND first.

If you want to remove 248 it is completely safe to do so, same with any other IOSs above it.

20. ValTroX
    OP

ValTroX Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2010
    I haven't been able to do this yet person, I can't see the bootmii menu with video cables, I need my friend to come over to use component cables, any clues why this happens?