Homebrew BRICKED....

jojoj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so 2day i updated to moonshell 2.07 and to my surprise when i tried to startup my acekard it was bricked....

has this happened to anyone? else besides me or did i just win the crap lottery???
blink.gif

TankTan38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DING DING DING!!!
Looks like you have just won the "Crap Lottery"!!!!

Seriouly though, I don't know how Moonshell could brick your AK if it hadn't even been ran yet.

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
It wouldn't have anything to do with Moonshell. You'd need to give everyone a little more info than you have if you want it fixed.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually that is why Acekard wins,it is cheap,and best. Wii connectivity is all I need to say,real time saves is for cheaters who cant beat a game being fair. Anyways m3 and cyclo are a good card but Acekard is the best.

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
Given the way the OP explained their problem, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a MicroSD issue. I don't see the point in debating which flashcard is superior...

Are you actually getting to the "Loading" Screen? Because that would mean that the card is actually booting. Pull the SD Card out, blow any dust off it, and put it back in and try to boot. Then, if you don't have any luck, backup your games and whatnot, then format the card with the Panasonic SD Formatter. Next, copy the games back on - as well as the newest version of whatever firmware you were using.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
WarioN64 said:
RchUncleSkeleton said:
that's what you get for using a shit card.... should've went with R4 or DS-Xtreme

DS-Xteme, R4, Acekard cheap?

hmmmm pretty funny how you took my quote and changed it...nice to know we're dealing with such mature people here! Anyways, AK2 isn't the best there is, if that were true than everyone would buy only acekard. It's the best card you can get for less than $20 but you can get an m3real for only a few dollars more and it is a better card with sakura,touchpod and itouch firmwares...all of which are updated on a regular basis.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RchUncleSkeleton said:
WarioN64 said:
RchUncleSkeleton said:
that's what you get for using a shit card.... should've went with R4 or DS-Xtreme

DS-Xteme, R4, Acekard cheap?

hmmmm pretty funny how you took my quote and changed it...nice to know we're dealing with such mature people here! Anyways, AK2 isn't the best there is, if that were true than everyone would buy only acekard. It's the best card you can get for less than $20 but you can get an m3real for only a few dollars more and it is a better card with sakura,touchpod and itouch firmwares...all of which are updated on a regular basis.

With all due respect you were the one who said "that's what you get for using a cheap card.... should've went with m3 or cyclo," without giving a answer that would help the OP.

cause I'm bored, I'll disagree with you
smileipb2.png

It actuaally isn't all that much better. Sakura has pathetic homebrew compatability, I know there's DSkiosk but that doesn't cover a shortfall, that you're forced to use an alternative homebrew loader. The Touchpod and Itouch firmwares don't come across as being friendly GUIs particulary in the case of touchpod. And only the minority use the latter firmwares. In addition M3 arn't that friendly to third party sources like Rudolph and when PSZ was dumped it was only teh M3 cards that couldn't get it running.

To the OP: I've nver had a problem with moonshell. So try formatting your MSD.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Huh?? Moonshell can brick your card? This is the first time I heard ..

How your acekard brick?DS cant recognize it?or stuck in loading or what?

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
The OP has to be mistaken. Moonshell can't brick Acekards. Acekards frequently fail all the time. Most of them have a fairly short lifespan.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
smileipb2.png

It actuaally isn't all that much better. Sakura has pathetic homebrew compatability, I know there's DSkiosk but that doesn't cover a shortfall, that you're forced to use an alternative homebrew loader. The Touchpod and Itouch firmwares don't come across as being friendly GUIs particulary in the case of touchpod. And only the minority use the latter firmwares. In addition M3 arn't that friendly to third party sources like Rudolph and when PSZ was dumped it was only teh M3 cards that couldn't get it running.

Since you have so much to say...why is it that most ak users use akaio instead of the default firmware??? hmm maybe because the default one stinks! And what is so "user unfriendly" about touchpod? the fact that touchscreen controls stink on the menu's? I'd hardly call that being "user unfriendly"...so what was so hard about using touchpod? Oh wait let me ask you this "have you even used touchpod or an M3 card for that matter"?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RchUncleSkeleton said:
emigre said:
smileipb2.png

Since you have so much to say...why is it that most ak users use akaio instead of the default firmware??? hmm maybe because the default one stinks! And what is so "user unfriendly" about touchpod? the fact that touchscreen controls stink on the menu's? I'd hardly call that being "user unfriendly"...so what was so hard about using touchpod? Oh wait let me ask you this "have you even used touchpod or an M3 card for that matter"?

Acekard wins for me - AP protection covered by AKAIO quicker than any other flashcart and has the best support for games, what else do I need when I'm not paying much for the product unlike expensive ones out there that basically do the same job? ;] Tell me how do the other flashcarts standout from the acekard? real time save? lmao

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RchUncleSkeleton said:
emigre said:
smileipb2.png

OK then.

There's no point going on about the AKAIO and offical firmware becasue everyone knows AKAIO is far superoir. I wouldn't have bought an AK2 if it wasn't for AKAIO. In the summer I looking to get a new flashcart and the M3 Real was one of the cards I was looking at looking at reviews, touchpod looked unresponsive whilst I was attracted to AKAIO being fast as sin.

I'm not saying the M3 is a bad cart, I'd say its a good cart and the M3 team are really rasing thier game but it had flaws. Most people use Sakura but it's homebrew compatability is pretty bad. I have about twenty homebrew gams and apps on my cart, so it made sense to get a cart with competent homebrew compatability and it can't play DPG 4 becasue of the Moonshell fiasco.

In my persoanl situation the AK2 just seemed the best cart for my needs.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
RchUncleSkeleton said:
that's what you get for using a cheap card.... should've went with m3 or cyclo
Uhh, the M3 isn't much better quality than the Acekard. If at all.

The Acekard has a 1 year warranty, just get another if it has stopped working.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Generally, you can buy 2 or 3 acekard 2is for what one M3 costs.

M3 team can go fuck themselves. I've had 2 M3 cards. One slot2 and the first slot1 they made. Are they supported still? No they are not. M3 makes you go buy a new card instead of supporting the ones they already sold you.

That is why AKAIO is so awesome. Acekard could fall off the planet, get sued by Nintendo, whatever it doesn't matter. AKAIO would still be updating my existing card to play new games and add new functions. If M3 Team dies, the source dies with them.

The fact that those of us who have AK2is are always playing unpatched roms well before anybody else, is just the icing on the cake. Zelda:ST, M&L BIS, all working first unpatched, thanks to normatt and AKAIO.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Couldnt be bothered reading through the previous pages, but to my knowledge moonshell DOES have the tendancy to corrupt Micro SD's.

Have you tried another Micro SD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...