I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
You don't understand ... a modchip is USELESS if his system files are messed up and not working even with original copies of games.

Your right. Just thought about it. An autoboot disc would have to be trucha signed. His ios was never down graded hence no truch bug. completely didn't even think of that.

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are 4.0u Wii's modchip compatible? i was thinking i could just upgrade hence fixing the Wii, then just getting a modchip for future references from now on.

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so wiiman, should i just update to 4.0u and wait for an exploit since i just screwed myself over for now? i was thinking about getting a modchip also for it then wait for an exploit, then get HBC again.

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Was iso 30 untouched in the 4.0 update? I thought the trucha bug was patched out of all ios's. He should still try to update from disc before going to 4.0

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What were the step taken during the downgrade? What would have caused the rest of the ios's to get messed up? Is that from not running ios down grader and only cios down grader

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i'm starting to understand the Wii things a bit more now. IOS and cIOS are completely different as it seems. i only did a Cios downgrade and not an IOS, that's where i screwed up.

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would also think that the original games should still boot. Strange. If the banner still shows in the disc channel he should still be able to update from disc. Go rent animal crossing.

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i think i'll try to rent the animal crossing for the update. i'll try to keep you guys updated with my little experimenting. even though techinically i have a $300 paper weight, it has taught me a lot and is giving me more experience in the Wii scene. Thank you wiiman123 and smash_brew for all your help. i aprpeciate it!

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so i borrowed Animal Crossing from a friend and tried doing an "autoboot", but it had no luck in the SaveMiiFrii mode. I already ordered a DriveKey solderless mod chip. That was the only route i could possibly think of. I could live without homebrew for a bit.

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it still doesn't run in any type of mode whether safe or normal boot. I have a DriveKey coming in soon that i ordered and i was wondering even without HBC normally installed on my "virgin" Wii, isn't it still possible to autoboot the Homebrew Channel with the modchip?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol