Hacking Bricked Wii?

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i think i would just go with the modchip. i can't exactly say that i could get it instantly since i'm out of cash at the moment, but i'd rather get that than send it to Nintendo.

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would try to get that animal crossing game, possibly if i can, but i mind as well save for a modchip. It helps in the long haul anyways.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vash9 said:
yeah, i think i would just go with the modchip. i can't exactly say that i could get it instantly since i'm out of cash at the moment, but i'd rather get that than send it to Nintendo.

If you know someone that has a mod chip you can swap drives, fix your wii, then swap the drives back. No need to spend any money.

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish i knew someone with that, but all my buddies have either 360s or PS3s. They arent fun time family game fans.

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
See I cant be 100% sure if a modchip would fix this. Because the chip requires the correct IOS to be available. So if you can't run the original Zelda without a chip... then im not sure if you can run the autoboot zelda with a chip.

Swapping drive won't fix ANYTHING... theres nothing wrong with the drive. The system files are most likely to be blamed

The only sure way to fix this would be to upgrade to 4.0 and hope for a fix. And then dowgrade properly.

If someone has a mod chip installed you can just take the drive out with the mod chip attached pop it in another wii and presto. You now have a wii with a mod chip. I understand that there isn't anything wrong with his dive.

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
the problem isn't the drive.... its the system IOS files on the wii... no amount of wii drive swapping can fix this....

the drive swaping idea was just to get him a mod chip without spending money to try to autoboot an autobooting disc. Had nothing to do with anything other then that.

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, when wiiman puts it that way, a modchip would be kind of useless also. the only thing i could resort to is updating to 4.0u and just hope for an exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...