Hacking Bricked Wii?

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi GBATemp. This is my first post and i wasn't really to sure where to post this topic after reading the rules, but this was the closest section on getting this topic out. IF anyone has an answer i'd be more than happy to read.

Okay this is gonna a bit long story.

I had 3.2U with HBC and everything was running smooth. Backups through disc channel, etc. One day, while i'm at school, my little brother decides it would be cool to go on to Youtube on the Wii. Being at 3.2u and 4.0u released already, it prompted him to update. Being retarded and now knowing anything, he clicks yes. It updates. I read and read about downgrading and i successfully downgraded back to 3.2u, just with basically all homebrew dead and all hacks dead too. I figured it wouldn't hurt to start all over to twilight hack considering it would be easy. I then went to Wii Format, and i thought it bricked. Well, it kinda did, but everything was functional. I read online that a "semi-brick" wouldn't allow you into the Wii Settings. I tried it; and the Wii Settings was okay. It took a little longer to load than normal, but everything was functioning correctly. My HBC was gone also. When i tried to play some SSBB, it looked as if it was normal. The Disc Channel detected it and everything. It played its little song and showed its picture, but when i pressed Run, it just gave me a black screen and my remote wouldn't detect the Wii anymore. You can hear everything still running, like the fan, and i guess the disc was still spinning. i also have access to a SaveMiiFrii, but no autoboot discs, and my Wii wouldn't detect it anyways.

Summary: Disc Channel detects game discs, but shows black screen when started. Everything else, fine.

I have no modchip, no HBC, stuck at 3.2u. Anyone have any tips?

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not quite sure wiiman123. I apologize for the lack of knowledge for this kind of stuff. I tried IOS downgrader once, when HBC was still working, but since i don't have it at the moment, i'm homebrew-less. I'm not sure if i had cIOS249 installed. Should i just update to 4.0u and wait for an exploit?

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i have smash_brew, i've tried every original copy game i own. The Wii detects every single game, just wouldn't boot it. The preview is there at the Disc Channel, but when starting, the black screen appears.

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i used cIOS Downgrader. And i believe AnyFreeRegion? I downgraded it double just to be sure or soemthing. And yeah, i think that's what happened. I think i only downgraded the system menu. The thing is, when i enter the recovery mode or whatever it is called with the SaveMiiFrii and try to run Twilight Princess original disc, it does the same thing. The game doesn't boot, and it has the black screen with the fan just running while the Wiimote doesn't detect the system anymore.

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, i have no modchip.
How do i get an autoboot version of it? I won't ask you where to get it or whatever, but is it possible if you could type down the steps for me here?

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Savemiifree and autobooting was my next idea, but now that that isn't working i don;t think my next idea is going to help and involves a mod chip. Don;t know how you feel about opening up your wii especially if it's not guaranteed. ios down grader should also have been run to downgrade the ios's. For future reference formatting the wii to fix it is never a good idea.

pretty sure an original zelda tp should autoboot in recovery mode.

vash9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i think that's where i screwed over. The downgrading and the formatting.

i can kinda boot zelda through the disc channel with its little preview, but it just ends up as a black screen at the end of it all.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only other thing i can think of is getting a mod chip, or swapping drives with someone who has a mod chip, creating an autoboot disc of tp using the autoboot creator and see if it will boot using savemii free. Then you can run the hack and reinstall HBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a...